Monday

Do Not Fear

I am looking these up, largely with the help of this site.

They are really for a project for later, but I really needed them right now. I think I'm going to see how many of these I can recite from memory by next Sunday. I would love for you to join me.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

The LORD is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Isaiah 41:13

For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." Romans 8:15

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

And also remember your sojourn as Mrs. Frank. She knew a thing or two about what to quote.

When Thad was in kindergarten, they sang a song with hand and arm gestures. . ."Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified. Do not be discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

I will be happy to sing it for you later.

Why don't I memorize with you.

Kelly Sessions said...

Sarah,

At church yesterday, they talked about trials and how God puts us at a wall in order for us to see his glory in a different light so that when we are faced with trials we will know how to turn to him. The preacher gave a great example, when God was tested in the desert, By the devil, this was probably one of the hardest things to deal with, yet it was one of the best examples of a powerful redeeming time as well.

We have to learn to see walls not as bricks keeping us out, but a method to stop us in our tracks and look for God's latter to crawl over.

TREY MORGAN said...

I find it interesting that the #1 thing God commanded us to not do in the New Testament ... was "do not fear." Yet, I struggle with that. Hmm.

Anonymous said...

You cannot know how much I need these right now.