Sunday

About Me



I love to tell my own God-story and encourage women to find their role in the story. I have a passion for helping women hear where God is leading them in life, knowing that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. Women need easy yokes and light burdens, amen?

Throughout scripture, a precious collection of stories itself, we are told time and again to tell each other and our children our story. I like to remind people of scripture stories and allow each listener to find her own story within. Using humor and transparency, I draw in each listener to see Jesus in every situation, from the mundane to the overwhelming.

Why "The Cleft of the Rock?"
In the Old Testament in Exodus Moses asked for confirmation of the Lord's favor as Moses is leading the Israelites.

In Chapter 33, verses 18-23 goes like this:
"Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.” And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.” Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock.When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by.Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”

I believe that every day the goodness of the Lord passes in front of me and it is my task to write about it and tell others about it. And He has me covered there with His mighty hand.

I post on my blog on topics such as marriage, raising teens, and learning to laugh through this life the Lord has given us. You can see a few of my current top posts here.

If you would like to subscribe to my blog, enter your email address and you will be notified when my blog is updated:
Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

I live in McKinney, Texas with my husband, Troy, and our children, Ashley and Riley. I am a certified elementary school teacher. I currently work for a marketing firm while pursuing a Master's degree in nutrition (which majorly cuts into blogging time!) I have taught 2nd grade and special education classes, as well as worked for the non-profit organization Big Brothers Big Sisters.

I'm a bit of a fitness nut and a wanna-be runner, so you may hear about a race I'm training for or, more likely, some aches and pains I'm working through, as well. Besides fitness and writing and reading to learn how to write and keeping up with my family, I think sleeping is my other hobby.

I'm just all over the web!

email me: sstirman@gmail.com

"I'm on the Twitter!": Twitter.com/SarahSt

Annnnd, of course, Facebook: facebook.com/sarahstirman