Tuesday

5th Grade Pop Quiz

Ashley learned this clever mnemonic in 5th grade today.

What does it help her remember?

King
Henry
Danced
Merrily/Gracefully/Lazily (depending on the usage)
Down
Center
Main

I predict my mother or Tony Langley to be the first to get this one right (I'm pretending Tony reads my blog -- but he will know the answer).

Remember my fascination with what Google search brought people to my blog? I forgot to mention that this article brings many people looking for "How Great the Father's Love". And it is. However, today someone in Asia googled "Why are Christians so intolerant?" and wound up here. Ouch!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will answer your challenge thusly: your child was taught incorrectly. Everyone knows that it's supposed to be "King Henry drinks unusually delicious chocolate milk," with "unusually" representing "unit." But in this liberal world of free thinking, I suppose I'll say, "To each her own."

This was my first time to your website. Do I get PDAS credit for that?

Tony

Roxanne said...

Tony doesn't even read MY blog. . .and he won't tell me what it stands for. . .oh, wait, he caved. . .it's the metric system. I'm sleepin' with the science teacher, you know.

Anonymous said...

It pains me that I would disappoint by not knowing this nmonic (Is that the correct spelling? It's not in my dictionary.) device. Although I've taught the metric system many times at varying levels, I've don't remember ever seeing it before.