Wednesday

It's a Blog-a-bration!

I don't remember the first one of Roxanne's birthdays she and I spent at her house in "the boonies". It must have been after I got my driver's license, so 1986? 20 years ago? The tradition became a chocolate sheet cake with chocolate frosting, and a 2-liter diet coke, with the hopes of polishing them both off. Oh -- and no plates for the cake. Just 2 forks, keep the diet coke comin'.

Today is Roxanne's birthday. I doubt she has time to sit in her living room floor watching TV and eating chocolate cake while planning the next 20 years of her life. Which is just as well, since I can't drive the 7 hours to get to her to share the cake and she should NEVER do that without me.

Head over to Roxanne's blog and wish her a happy birthday. She's pretty bummed about this whole going-back-to-work business!

And, in her honor, sing my favorite -- the Karyn Henley birthday song!:

Dear Special Friend,
It is your birthday.
It is the day that Jesus sent you to the earth.
And we REJOICE!!
We come to ce-le-brate,
Because we love you and we thank Him for the blessing of your birth!

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

THank you kindly, my sweet friend. If you spot a piece of chocolate cake today. . .partake for me. :)

Love you. . .

Roxanne said...

And you still love me. . .thank you for your birthday greetings. I do not recall kissing you--but evidently it made an impression. Glad to oblige. :)

R--

Anonymous said...

We had a power failure tonight and we actually went to bed before the power was restored, so that's my excuse for being late 'cause I couldn't get into the computer with no electricity, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROXANNE.