Thursday

Life Lessons

I truly never realized how long I would go on stealing other people's blogs, but Antique Mommy continues to show her genius. She created the following list entitled: "Things I Learned From a Balloon":

1) If someone knocks you down, bounce right back and be perky. It’s annoying.

2) It only takes one little prick to take the wind out of your sails. (Interpret that however you wish.)

3) Sometimes the greatest joy is in the releasing and letting go.

4) Some go out with a bang. Others linger long and lifeless. But nothing lasts forever.

5) Sometimes all it takes to cheer someone up is just to hang around.

6) It's probably best to stay away from power lines.


She then invited her readers to continue the train of thought. Continuing in the tradition of clever and creative readers that Antique Mommy seems to attract, they came up with some beauties:

7) The more colorful your group is, the better.

8) Birthday parties are almost ALWAYS the best places to be.

9) All it takes is a little rub in the right spot to make someone's hair stand on end. (again, interperet however you wish)

10) Suffer the blowhards. In the end they just pop.

11) Only let someone you trust control your strings.

12) Balloons become flaccid with old age. (Also, open to being interpreted)

13) If they don't stay grounded, you'll never see them again.

14) Dare to be transparent - your colorful, delightful, transparent self.

Then Rebecca left this priceless little story:

Right after my grandpa died, I was walking with my little daughter and she was holding a balloon - which was accidentally released to the sky.
"That's okay," I said to my sobbing daughter, "It's going up to Heaven to see Great-Grandpa."
My little girl looked at the sky.
"GREAT-GRANDPA!" she screamed, "YOU GIVE ME MY BALLOON BACK RIGHT NOW!"
Life Lesson: It's rude to take other people's balloons.

I truly never knew you could learn so much from a balloon. I think I shall go in search of a balloon today!

5 comments:

Roxanne said...

Oh. . .maybe I need to add a balloon to my repertoire tomorrow. . .

R--

Anonymous said...

Since having children, I feel like a water balloon...

Cary said...

Sarah if you really could write a short statement about your thoughts regarding the viability of something like online payments, that really would help the case. I don't think that certain people are finding the right perspective. To all of the students this is a no-brainer, but they carry little credibility regarding this issue with the ones who are making these decisions. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah, you are even more lovely than your picture - thanks for the plug for my blog and your kind words!

Anonymous said...

What a great list - love it!

Saw one Ellen wrote the other day I also like:

http://thereignofellen.blogspot.com/2006/08/life-lessons-from-solitaire.html