Friday

Sniglets

Being a word person, I love sniglets. According to Wikipedia, a sniglet is defined as a "word that should be in the dictionary, but isn't". While Rich Hall invented the word "sniglet" itself, sniglets are actually a long-running popular joke in which people make up their own humorous words to describe things or concepts that have no "official" words.

Some of my favorites:

  • Cheedle: The orange residue left on fingers after eating Cheetos or some other cheesy snack.
  • Execuglide: The act of using your wheeled office chair to move from one place to another.
  • Glackett: The ball inside a can of spray paint (or other aerosol can) for stirring the contents inside the can.
  • Toastaphobia: - The fear of sticking a fork in a toaster even when it's unplugged.
  • Telecrastination: - The act of always letting the phone ring at least twice before you pick it up, even when you're only six inches away.
  • Spudrubble : - Unclaimed french fries at the bottom of a fastfood bag.
  • Presto-frigeration: - The peculiar habit, when searching for a snack, of constantly returning to the refrigerator in hopes that something new will have materialized.
  • Pillsburglar: - Person able to sample the icing on a new cake without leaving a fingerprint.
  • Omnibiblious - adj. Indifferent to type of drink. "Oh, you can get me anything. I'm omnibiblious."
  • Musquirt: - The water that comes out of the initial squirts of a squeeze mustard bottle.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Subatomic toasticles - the little flakes of toast you leave on the stick of butter when you put the knife back

Roxanne said...

Cannot remember ONE SINGLE SNIGLET. . .but Victoria made one long ago. . .

Chicken teebows- When you dip your chicken in your mashed potatoes

That's all I got

AbbieCRAZY said...

Hi, I'm Denise and I have toastaphobia. I'm glad to learn that there are others like me. (insert tears) I've been trying to stick a fork in it for years and never knew it had a name!

Don't let the smile fool you - there's pain there....

Jessica said...

I love it! I may have to start using some of these!