Monday

God Bless Nonna and Gran'dad. . .

For those of you that wonder where I get my sense of humor or writing ability, check out the comment my dad left on the previous post at Monday morning, 1:21 a.m.:

So mom in her kerchef and I in my cap,
had been settled in for a long summer's nap.
We'd been asleep but an hour or two,
when we heard Ashley standing beside us quite blue.
"I've been sick", she moaned, as my toes began curling,
and there in her room was the proof: she'd been hurling.
Everything she'd ever eaten was there in plain sight,
I knew right away it would be a long night.
Nonna did the scooping as I did the "re-sheeting",
and Ashley lay quite pale, plaintively bleating.
Now the laundry's almost done, and the hurler is better
the sheets are clean and the carpet's a bit wetter.
Although the temptation was keen to become deranged,
it's really nice to know that nothing has changed.
In the middle of the night children still need love,
and they'll always be the finest gift from Heaven above.
So thank you, S & T for entrusting them to us,
and praise you, God, for what you do for us.

9 comments:

Anne said...

Bless them both! Nothin' like being awakened (sp?) to the sound of a scratchy voice..fresh from throwing up. I sure hope Ashley is feeling better today and that whatever it was is GONE. Hopefully your dad's next comment/poem can be one revealing all of the fun they are having with those two :)

And I sure hope you and Troy are enjoying this week as well!

Roxanne said...

Please tell me it wasn't catching. . .

R--

Anonymous said...

At this point, we're proud to say everybody seems fine. Nonna took the kids swimming with our neice (Alta) and her kids this afternoon.
On another note, I have no idea where that poem came from! It just seemed like the thing to do while waiting for Ashley to feel better. That's not even close to the weirdest thing I've done in the middle of the night!

Anonymous said...

it's not catching. Im Way better

Roxanne said...

Ashley et. al,

So glad you are not "catching." Enjoy Nonna and Grandad and stay well.

Love you,

Roxanne

Jessica said...

I think my parents would've called and said come get 'em....

Tammy M. said...

I was very impressed by the poetry written in the dark of night. It made me laugh, and it was so much more fun to read than just blurting out the events of the night. It was very creative. Hope all the sickness is gone and the rest of the week is full of fun.

AbbieCRAZY said...

But what's the weirdest thing that Dad's done in the middle of the night? Or do we want to know?

Anonymous said...

Denise, I knew the minute I posted my comment that it had come out wrong. Actually, I was thinking about things like going motorcycle riding (lots more fun than de-barfing a room).