Wednesday

How You Know This Energy Conservation/Heat Wave is Getting Out of Hand!

  • There is no cool water, only warm and hot.
  • Bread and bananas now have a 12 hour shelf-life in your house since it stays about 90* in your home.
  • Your Swiffer Wet is no longer wet.
  • The only reason to shower is to start a new layer of sweat.
  • You need to pre-heat your outdoor grill to 375*, but your pre-heat time is greatly reduced since the grill is 200* when you walk up to it.

Any others?

"How long, O Lord, will this go on?" Psalm 89:46

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The outside air temperature is the same as the water temperature in the health club hot tub.

When you get in your car at the end of the work day and go to roll the windows down, the black window buttons burn your hand.

It's actually cooler to let a hair dryer blow in your face than to go motorcycle riding.

Anne said...

Frizzy, Dry Hair!!

Roxanne said...

(From a more humid region of the Lone Star State)

1. It looks like a storm is blowing in, but it's just condensation on your windows.

2. Your air conditioner vent drips on you.

3. Your home before the car cools off.

Roxanne said...

Make that you're. . .my entire reading master schedule was ripped up and stomped on today by the district administration. . .contractions aren't really on my mind.

Anonymous said...

I used to think I was a really "Hot Cajun Mama"; now, I'm just really hot.

Tammy M. said...

When I lived in Arizona there was one particular summer when the temperature never dropped below 100 degrees for 3 weeks, day or night.

heartsjoy said...

No doubt! I am so ready for some fall cool weather! :) (thanks for your sweet comment to me! you little encourager you!)

AbbieCRAZY said...

I have nothing funny to say - I'm just HOT!

David Scott said...

It's so hot my keyboard is abou...a.s,mdfansd.....