Tuesday

Blog of My Lament

Let me begin this blog by apologizing to those of you who stop in for a funny antecdote about my family, or some deeper insight and ideas about my never-ending quest for an intimate relationship with the Lord. I've got nothin'.

The time change, combined with a non-weekend, is completely killing me. Then, last night we had a baseball game, got home at 7:45, sat down to dinner at about 8:15 (record dinner-making time for me!) and finally got kids in bed around 9:15 or 9:30. The tooth fairy is also going completely broke around here -- Ashley is ripping out molars right and left. Literally -- a right and left molar have found their way under her pillow 2 of the last 3 nights.

This afternoon we went to get haircuts for the kids. Yeeshk. The one day this week we have nothing going on and we don't get home until almost 5:30. But everyone looks pretty cute. I thought about taking pictures. . .

Since my brain is completely vacant, I leave you with some thoughts:

Tom Selleck, the spokesperson for the Fatherhood Initiative? Is he even a father? Okay, I googled. He's got a stepson and a daughter. But he's always Magnum to me. (If you're too young to know Magnum, google).

Jessica is doing a research paper that I think should be interesting. She's letting her blog audience help, so I'm sending you to be her blog audience (are you an audience if you read a blog? What if you comment? are you a reader/ commenter? I don't know -- these things drive me nuts). Anyway, her question is -- how do you define 'mom', and is your definition influenced by the media? Good question, Jessica. I'm glad someone out there can string two thoughts together this week. I already told her -- Clorox has me convinced I'm a failure not only as a mother but as a human because I have dingy whites.

5 comments:

SuperMom said...

Don't you hate Blogger's Block? I've got a million ideas swimming around in my head but I'm like Dory in Finding Nemo lately. I can't focus my energy toward one goal because I feel like I'm going in a million directions.

I feel ya, sister.

Jessica said...

I wondered what was up with all the blogs I like to read! No one is posting...come on guys...you are how I procrastinate! I'm going to have to find new blogs to read or start working on my research paper! :) Thanks for the help Sarah!

Heth said...

Oooh, haircuts, FUN!

owlhaven said...

Oh, I've got dingy whites too. We have a wedding on Saturday, and my hubby commissioned me to go BUY him a white t-shirt, so confident was he in my inability to produce a white t-shirt via the washing machine!
Mary, mom to many

stuckinthe80s said...

Tom Selleck -- I know he's no "spring chicken"...but I have a man-crush on that guy. LONG LIVE QUIGLEY!!!