Sunday

Random Thoughts for your Sunday Evening

If I've been wrong about the whole salvation and grace thing and end up in hell in the afterlife -- my hell will be watching any movie that contains Adam Sandler. I realize that statement alone pushes my blog WAY over the top estrogen-wise, but I'm good with that.

*****************************************************************

Dateline: April 12, 2006

Sarah is grieving/ complaining giving up caffeine due to migraines. Kendra offers this jewel of a comment: "The Texaco at S. 14th and Barrow has CHEAP caffeine free Diet Coke. Refills (in any size cup from anywhere) are 55 cents." Sarah takes grand advantage of the $.55 refills on the corner. She even comments to the manager what fabulous prices they are on fountain drinks. He informs her that prices haven't changed in 7 years.

April 22, 2006 -- Refills on a large cup climb to $.79.

Coincidence? I think not.

*****************************************************************

We don't usually have baseball games on Sunday afternoons, but we had to make up our rain-out from last week. Remember that I've said that I hate baseball? Well, let me tell you -- there is no joy like seeing your baby boy hit 2 home runs IN A ROW. There is no joy like seeing the joy on his freckled face after hitting 2 home runs IN A ROW. There is no joy like seeing your husband leap in the air in a way you did not believe he was capable of doing as he beams with pride when your baby boy hits 2 home runs IN A ROW. I may have to amend my stance on baseball. Today was a beautiful day for baseball -- did I mention that Riley had a great game? :-)

*****************************************************************

This next random thought was to include how glorious it will be to have a weather day off of school tomorrow, get a few things done around the house, and play with the kids -- oh, and most importantly SLEEP LATE after my wild and whacky weekend (for those of you keeping score at home: that's one campout, one kid at bible bowl until almost 11 p.m. Saturday night, construction of bunk beds that Troy had already de-constructed and moved from another location, early service today, baseball game, then our financial class on Sunday evenings. I'm DUE a sleep-in). However, just as I started in on this post I seem to have agreed to a brother-sister sleep-over on new-to-us said bunkbeds. I have to admit that the sounds of them getting along may be worth losing a little sleep (but only about 10 minutes' worth!)

8:50 update: I have now also agreed to a sleep-over that involves the neighbor's children. I'm not sure that nomination for "Mother of the Year" by my children will be worth how little sleep I will get tonight.

3 comments:

owlhaven said...

Sarah, I just the other day shared a similar baseball experience!

Mary, mom to many

Heth said...

I'm so sorry about the price hike. Total bummer.

Hooray for Riley!

Roxanne said...

I had no idea that besides enjoying baseball that Riley was also a superstar. . .I'm glad Troy didn't trip over his lawn chair or fall down the bleachers during his jump of joy.

At 9:36, I yelled (for the 4th time) for the kids to go to sleep. No bunk beds here--just Thad's double bed. . .our kids are big into "sleep overs." We don't get tomorrow off, but it's almost the end of school, so I couldn't say no.

I am glad you get to at least stay home tomorrow if not sleep in.

And I'm thrilled about Riley's baseball triumphs.

R--