Saturday

End Of Week Wrap-Up

It has been a wonderful, full and busy day. Our church's ladies retreat was last night and I had a wonderful time, as I was promised I would! So Troy took Ashley to her first Bible Bowl meet this morning, then he and Riley came to pick me up from the retreat in time to go to Riley's first game of the season. You know, I have proclaimed how much I hate baseball in the past. But what cuties these guys are. Riley was lead-off hitter -- he was most honored about that! We have also discussed with him that now he is the "big kid" on the team, and needs to be an example of sportsmanship and teamwork. I think he's thinking, "Yeah, whatever -- but I'm lead-off batter!" But it was a great game and, to me, his greatest accomplishment was walking away from home plate -- twice! -- smiling after he struck out. (he did get a great hit on his first time at bat!)

We came home, got some lunch, and got Riley to his birthday party. I came home and rested for a moment, then returned to get Riley, then went across town to see Ashley's Bible Bowl awards -- which evidently started about 30 minutes earlier than scheduled. Ashley was 5th on her team -- too low to win a trophy, but we are so impressed. She's told us some of her questions (it's over Joshua, Judges and Ruth this year -- MUCH PG-13 material) and I would be thrilled with a '50'!! She got a 72! We're very proud, of course.

Then we returned home for Troy to grill us some hamburgers! Yum! I love when Troy smells like the grill -- it's my favorite cologne of his! :-) It just makes me think of a wonderful spring/summer evening like today.

On one of my MANY trips in the car today I heard the song "Fingerprints of God" by Steven Curtis Chapman. It made me think about my friends from church -- many of which I spent time with this weekend. Among my coffee friends, I am the "baby", and I love it -- especially since I am the "DINOSAUR" (Sarah-saurus) at work! I love it mainly because I get to see women in all ages and stages of life continue to grow in God and seek His will for their lives. I get to see them have revelation moments and respond to what God is prompting them to do. The last few years of my life have been huge growing and stretching times for me spiritually and I am so thankful to have women to look to that continue to encourage me to grow and stretch. One of the things I have become convinced of is that there is no such thing as a spiritual giant -- the people I have considered spiritual giants are people who wake up in the morning, hit their knees, and say, "Lord, live through me today." I am so thankful for the front-row seat I have to witness people doing that.

Oh but when I look at you it’s clear to me that
I can see the fingerprints of god
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of god
And I know it’s true
You’re a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you’re covered with the fingerprints of god

3 comments:

Judy said...

Mel sent me. Although, I have come on my own before.

My best growing seasons have been those that involve friendships that span the generations. Especially with those who don't feel as if they are having any sort of impact. They are.

Roxanne said...

I, too, have been blessed in the past and still am by friendships with women of all ages. I pray that Victoria will have the opportunity to have all of those friendships as well. God is faithful in surrounding us with teachers of many kinds.

Glad you had a wonderful end of the week even though it was packed to bursting with activities.

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Yum! I love when Troy smells like the grill -- it's my favorite cologne of his!

I loved that.