Saturday

New Game Of Tag

HeartsJoy tagged me. Thankfully, it's fairly simple. I'm supposed to tell 6 random things about myself (thank goodness it doesn't say "fascinating") then tag 6 other people. And, HeartsJoy -- I would REALLY like details on singing with a 300 person choir backing you up. Are you really Sandi Patty?

1) In college I worked as an interpreter for deaf students.

2) I have a degree in Elementary / Special Education. While I use knowledge from my degree almost daily, unless the Lord has a cruel sense of humor, I will never return to teaching in a public school. The reasons are 3 or 4 whole blog posts.

3) I LOVE going on field trips or helping with my kids' classes at school. (don't hear me saying that planning classroom parties is my forte'; it isn't -- but I love to know the kids my kids are around)

4) I am VERY auditorially sensitive -- loud noises and/or repetitive noises drive me nuts. When I'm really physically exhausted, I can feel like I am being physically attacked by a loud noise. (okay, now I'm getting too close to needing a support group) Also, I guess you can chalk this up as one of the 3,472 reasons I won't be going back to teaching public school.

5) I believe that He who is able to do more than we ask or imagine will do just that in each of our lives if we daily die to ourselves and let Him take control. (Sing it with me, "Jesus, take the wheel. . .")

6) I don't understand why, when I know and believe with all of my heart that His way is better, more perfect, and holy, it is so stinkin' difficult to get my SELF out of the way and daily die to self so that He can do more than I can ask or imagine.

Now I'm supposed to tag 6 other people, but I just returned from camping with 42 kids and I'm too tired to think of 6 people and figure out whether or not they have done this. If this appeals to you, please consider yourself tagged and play along (this is like when the kids were little and we would play hide and seek by me sitting on a bench at the park, them wandering away and then "finding me". They loved it!)

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so with you on numbers 5 and 6. In fact, it is my constant struggle...somedays are better than others.

Thanks for the support for tomorrow night...I'll let you know how it went!

Anonymous said...

1. I have a degree in psychology but soon realized that mice are way more cooperative than children you are trying to pottytrain.
2. I have lived in 7 states.
3. I know He can do more than all we ask or imagine, I lack the faith that He will do what I want (or is that self getting in the way?).
4. I can play Bach's Minuet 1 on the violin (considered a "kindergarten" piece).
5. I won a contest in high school with my own Jambalaya recipe.
6. I admire my kids.

heartsjoy said...

LOL! No! no where near Sandi Patti-ish, however I loved her back in the day! No, the church we went to was very large, thus, when they gave me a solo I had the choir backing me up. (One moment in time...laughing)

I totally agree with 5&6...very tough. Daily wrestling! thanks for doing the random thoughts, I enjoyed learning more about you! I won't YELL AT YOU anytime in the near future. lol

Roxanne said...

Just stopped by before church to see if you'd made it home. . .glad you survived the campout. I'm hoping you didn't swelter--or get drenched.

I will do the tag thing later to help you out with your 6. . .had to laugh at "loud repetitive noises physically attacking you." How have you managed to be my friend all of these years??? I guess a distance of250+ miles helps? HA!!!

R--

Roxanne said...

1. I didn't get chicken pox until I was almost 22 years old. My first wisdom tooth didn't make an appearance until I was 35.

2. I have only lived in three states in my life. . .one of them was in college. . .and all of them touch each other.

3. I have given birth to incredibly big babies. . .9 lbs. and 10 lbs 8 ozs. (With epidurals. . .without surgery)

4. I was a waitress at Sonic.

5. Were I to list my struggles and short comings, we would need to go into a much longer list. . .suffice it to say,I am glad to be a daughter of the king.

6. The same goes for listing my blessings. . .