Wednesday

Public Service Announcement

I pride myself on being a "fair and balanced" blog. I believe that every story has at least two sides, and I think we all should strive to see things from others' perspectives. Let's all hold hands and sing with me, "We are the world, we are the children..."

That said, this is my blog. Therefore I have a hard and fast stance to communicate unapologetically. You are welcome to disagree with me -- on your own blog. I will read it, not leave a comment, but shake my head and say, "Bless their sweet soul." For you will be wrong.

Please note these shoes. The marketing world calls them "Heelys" because they have the oh-so-clever skate wheel in the heel.



I prefer to refer to them as, "Satan's Handiwork."

Here is a partial list of all the places these shoes do not belong. I, as the blogger at hand, reserve the right to add to this list at any time for any reason:
  • a grocery store
  • a restaurant
  • a gimongous discount store
  • a tiny convenience store
  • a department store
  • the mall
  • my classroom
  • amusement parks
  • a church building
  • any place people may be walking carrying food or small children
  • any place people may be pushing a shopping cart
  • any place people may be walking that deem their own toes valuable

Here is an extensive list off all the places these shoes are appropriate. This list is complete as-is and will not be ammended:

  • a skate park
  • a neighborhood sidewalk

Stay tuned for the regular blogging to continue.

13 comments:

Roxanne said...

They are against dress code in Cy-Fair schools. You can wear the shoes on campus. . .but the wheels must be removed.

Kids have a hard enough time stopping without adding a wheel to the mix.

Jana said...

And why can't we just call these shoes roller skates?

If you go to a skating rink, your are handed: a pair of boot-like shoes with wheels. They are colled roller skates.

Heelies? Come on. They aleady have a name.

You are too funny.

Jana Anderson

Merci said...

Can I get an AMEN? I hate those things. Also noticed a local merchant this week added a sign to their door - in addition to "no shoes, no shirt, no service" it now also reads "no shoes with skates."

Anonymous said...

My 12 year old begged and begged and begged for a pair of Heelys last year and finally as a "reward" for making it through his first year of middle school, his DAD threw down $100.00 for a pair. And for that kind of money - to truly get our hard earned money's worth - we expected that child to wear them whenever and wherever possible! Of course, the wheels must be retracted in most of those places you listed...
Thankfully, our incredibly handsome and intelligent and quite charming young son is actually more aware and truly conscientious of the rules of the 'street' than most kids, so we don't worry about our toes being severed or being excommunicated from various public places...

:)

Anonymous said...

And honestly - they do look like a lot of fun! And they burn more energy than wiggling thumbs in front of a video game.

Anonymous said...

I hope these things become incredibly uncool before my 3YO's foot grows anymore. On the other hand, I totally want a pair.

Anonymous said...

I know you said to disagree on my own blog, but right now it is dedicated to gushy-moo. That having been said, I think "neighborhood sidewalk" needs to be moved to the other list along with all other public places.

Biddy said...

i too write my blog unapologetically. It's my blog dangitt! hehe go girl..

oh, and as for heelies? those things get on my last nerve..and now they make them in ADULT sizes. you've got to be kidding me!

Anonymous said...

They make them in ADULT sizes, most likely, because some 12-year olds are wearing ADULT sizes.

Terral said...

Stephanie,maybe they make adult sizes for those 2 or 3 adults you always see at skating parties. You know the ones that are out there showing off their skating skills.

AbbieCRAZY said...

$100!! Oh My Stars! So far there has only been whisperings over here about them.

$100!! I can't get past that number...

Anonymous said...

Denise - I think the kid-sized heely's are around $50.00, but still! He has worn them almost everyday this summer, he totally loves them.

Biddy - It is crazy scary the amount our son's feet have grown in the last year. Also, I've only seen kids wear those heely's around here - but who knows, maybe there are some adults out there with heely's having fun at the skating parties too. Good for them!

Trina said...

oh girl I am so with you. My two want them and all I could say was..."bring out the cash and you can wear them". They continue to beg, and I continue to tell them that I love them too much, but they can buy their own. Now they are into the i-pod thing. I am thinking we could share that so I might be willing to give.
Preach on sister!