Monday

First Day!

I have such a weird life/ occupation. I spent all last week getting ready for school to start. So, what happened today? School started -- and it was my day off! I took my own babies to school -- shed a tear or two over having a middle schooler -- and had coffee with friends, a doctor's appointment, gave blood, did some housework, yada, yada. 'Lest you think I need to move my bracelet, I am NOT complaining! But I did feel disconnected somewhat. I couldn't wait to hear from Kendra, and she reports that we have an awesome class, of course. I hope I don't run out of blog material from Room 24 (like THAT will ever happen! :-)

Everyone in this house had a great first day and all were smiling after school. God provided friends for my middle schooler at every turn. I am so thankful. And tomorrow we will all get up and do it again -- only this time, I will go to school, too!

I need to share some of my new favorites with you! I mentioned a little over a week ago that Paula lost her dad suddenly in an accident. As one who speaks as only one who claims eternal hope can, she wrote of the last public prayer her dad led and how he prayed that he longed for the day he would worship the Lord forever. Oh, that those words would be remembered as our last prayer! Paula went on to mention that it made her think of Chris Rice's song, "Circle Up". So I had to head over to itunes and check it out.

Maybe it's the James Taylor-type style of the song, maybe it's the friendly visuals the song calls to mind, and maybe it's a musical evidence of the hope Paula has in a difficult time, but this is one of my new favorite songs. I just love it.


And, I wanted to share it with you so desperately, this has become my new favorite website because I learned how I can post music on my blog (without you being blasted with it every time you pull up my blog because that is a peeve of mine that causes me to move my bracelet incessantly until I close out the blog).

Enjoy. I hope everyone's first day of school was great. Now grab a hand, twirl a dance, circle up and worship Him!

7 comments:

Roxanne said...

Just gotta love Chris Rice. That song brings to mind all the Whos down in Who-ville standing around their tree. I clicked on over to Paula's website. . .and while my heart breaks for her, I know her comfort is that her dad is doing exactly as he prayed he would be.

Glad things went well for Ashley. Thad seemed to have survived Kindergarten. He seemed nonplussed. . .and hungry. :)

Trina said...

Ashley will love her school. She is prepared! Well, at least for reading!
Remind me to tell you about the F and G story. It is kind of like my fruity britches!

Paula said...

So glad your kids did well on day 1! Since we are not in public school, we started 2 weeks ago. We are already turning in projects and having tests! We had one start middle school, too, and it is a weird feeling! I try not to think about it too much!

Thanks for posting about my dad. It seems strange to me, but it is a comfort to me for people to know about him. It helps me grieve to "talk" about him.

Hope your first day goes well!

Tammy M. said...

Have a great day, your first school day today!

AbbieCRAZY said...

Love that song! Chris Rice is good stuff....

Melissa said...

Love the song. I'm so glad you posted about the loss of Paula's dad (my Granny's cousin). It actually prompted me to start my own blog. So now I'm no longer a lurker.

Unknown said...

Thanks Sarah for sharing the song. I had not heard it and LOVE IT. I can just visualize that huge circle of saints singing, dancing and praising God.