Monday

Good Things Out There

*sigh* This is "Good Things Out There", but I'm still grieving and I ask that you join me in a moment of silence -- for a pair of shoes I can never wear. I came to grips many years ago that the only part of me that can be accused of being "long and lean" stays horizontal and on the ground all the time -- but sometimes I just have to grieve missing out on cuteness. Like these, for instance. They are precious. They call to me. Alas, I must leave them be. If you have a foot shaped like an ample egg, these are for you. And they are on sale at Target this week.

If you aren't from Texas or married to a Texan, you won't appreciate this post. If you are married to a tried-and-true Texan, or even are one yourself, you will simply nod and understand it ALL. I love it.
I've never showed you the wonderful table my Texan made for our home. I confess that I was VERY nervous about exactly how rustic it was going to look. I also confess to growing weary of the empty frame and then rustic slab of wood -- with protective ratty towel -- being in my entry way. But it has SO paid off! Now, however, I THINK we still have another time of dry/ then sand, so it still sits without anything on it in my entry way. But isn't it pretty? (Warning: Y'all know I am all about using words and LOTS of them, but the piece about the table has lots of "blah, blah this tool" and "blah, blah, this kind of epoxy". Just look at the pictures! It's pretty!)
The guys that do this enjoy their job. I like that.

4 comments:

Biddy said...

i just bought those beauties yesterday!! love them...and i'll think of you and mourn every time i wear them ;-) i am SUCH a good friend hehe

oh, and the table? pretty much rocks

Roxanne said...

Love the table and have told the man so.

The shoes are SOOOOOO you. It's a crying shame they'd fit my feet instead.

The blog was hilarious. . .I expected the same reaction from Tony when we found out today that they have CHANGED the pledge to the Texas flag. Oh. My. Goodness.

It's too much to fathom

Roxanne said...

And thank you, Jim Henson.

Donna said...

Love the table. My husband has talked about making more things. The problem is that he doesn't have enough consistent work time to finish things in a very timely manner.
I take it you have a very narrow foot. I feel your pain! Long and skinny is something that only my feet have been "blessed" to be called!