Saturday

My Attitude is GREAT, thanks for asking!

Okay, I just have to comment on some of the comments from the last post. You people are SO funny!

I really don't think -- or I DIDN'T until I posted that -- that I'm all that Zig Zigler-ish type positive and don't think it's that big of a deal to simply strive to keep my mouth shut when appropriate. But, indeed, I am striving to be a star in the universe.


Kristy -- no doubt a combo stop complaining/ bracelet-moving exercise program would do some people a LOT of good! Great thoughts!


Brandi -- so I guess you look like a jerk if you complain to the "no complaining" people that you never received your "no complaints" bracelet. That made me laugh more than anything. I should give each of the parents of my class a "no complaining" bracelet. Or simply post this:

And Kendra is absolutely right -- complaining, done correctly, can be HILARIOUS. Hence my personal struggle with trying to quit. I do, actually, find much humor in Kendra's humor. I have had a great time getting my room ready with her. She says all the things I want to say -- she just says it funnier. And she thinks 11 year old boys are the best folks to hang around -- and not in a creepy way. She's just a hoot. Sadly, now that school is starting, I'll see her about 2 more times this calendar year!

Updated -- forgot to mention Miss Bits and Pieces. I used the word 'rumor' because I simply couldn't believe that this tiny, mild-mannered, little china doll of a gal would do such a thing. I still haven't confirmed it with Bits and Pieces, but have heard it from several other sources. Which just proves -- we all have our limit. Please do not try to find mine.

Have a great Sunday -- maybe we could at least take the Lord's day off from complaining! (I think that will be the hardest day for me NOT to complain!)

4 comments:

Biddy said...

hehe yeah, i probably shouldn't complain to the no complaining people...sheesh

i'll just complain to the rest of the world hehe

Anonymous said...

It's 11:39 and I'm doing surprisingly well. I should've worn my bracelet today!
Kendra

Roxanne said...

In an effort to not only be "complaint free" but to also be my B.E.S.T. (the positive mantra for OUR campus this year), this morning I chatted with Sam, the SLOWEST checker at Wal-Mart since I got up extra early to run there BEFORE church to get some things we need for this week. Bless his heart. I felt myself getting annoyed, then I just dove right in with my conversation. We talked about church.

Ditto for little April at Jo-Ann's AFTER church. I got the wrong sized terra cotta pots. . .she rescanned ALL five and ALL five saucers individually even though they were the same exact thing. I just smiled.

Being my B.E.S.T. while not complaining. . .even in my own mind. :)

Terral said...

Roxanne, I had a day like that at Wal Mart not to long ago. I walked a mile in there looking for toothpicks, but all was well when I got to the checkout. I looked up and saw the checkers nametag that said El Shadai. I started humming the song in my head and realized those are the only words I know in the whole song. It made me chuckle!