Saturday

Expelliarmus!

Nathaniel got the closest guess to the cardboard tube conundrum at my house. Indeed, if the Harry Potter craze isn't over soon, I will not have any hangers for pants! We are casting spells on each other, Mom, Dad, and the dog. Expelliarmus!

You MUST see Paula's idea for diverting grumpy shoppers in her comment under "A Plan". Aren't digital cameras the best thing ever? "Sure, take 48 pictures of your thumb! No sweat!"

I'm doing "assigned writing" today. Now I remember why I don't consider myself a writer -- assigned writing is also what I refer to as "forced writing" because I have to force myself to do it. To me, it's like building a brick wall using only my hands -- no tools. It's messy, each word is laborious, and when it's finished it's as attractive as a brick wall built using only hands. My writing, the writing that pours from my soul, does just that -- it pours out of me, as frantically as an artist who MUST get their work on canvas. I can't write or type fast enough. Unfortunately, I have to wait for that kind of writing to wash over me. As you have noticed, if you're still hanging around this blog, I'm in quite a dry spell lately. So "forced writing" is about the only writing happening these days!

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

Well, your Lancome vs. Loreal was FORCED writing and has probably gone down in the annals of high school senior English literature. . .so there!

And don't worry too much about the kids' Harry Potter craze unless they begin claiming it's mesquite tree with a chocolate lab hair core.

Tammy M. said...

How long has your new look been on your blog?
We are hearing all sorts of spells around here too! Jack took some money his grandpa gave him and bought an actual replica of Harry's wand. It came in the box just like at Olivander's Wand Shop.

Just tonight we (Elaine, Tamara and I) were quoting Steel Magnolia's, and I had looked it up on the quote site to remember Drum and Ma'Lynn's last name, Eatenton. I kept on guessin Eaton, but it just didn't quite sound right. So when I looked up that I looked up Harry Potter Quotes.

"Ah, go boil yer heads, both of yeh. Harry - yer a wizard."...Rubius Hagrid

This is where it first began for Harry.

Roxanne said...

Tammy. . .we must have a connections here, because I was quoting Steel Magnolias to my husband earlier today. . .

Jana said...

Sarah:
First of all, thank you for visiting our family blog and leaving comments; it has been fun to hear from you!

Secondly, I have loved reading your entries. You are clever, concise, funny, insightful, and not shallow. I appreciate that in a blog!

You probably don't remember me (or barely do), but I knew you at ACU. (My name was Jana Wall back then.) Of course you know Rob and Julie--although I had forgotten that you were Julie's roommate.

My most clear memory of you is that you had a gentle spirit and were very kind. I think that is a good memory to have of someone.

We'll look forward to hearing from you again in blogland, and we will continue to enjoy checking in on you here!

Blessings,
Jana (Wall) Anderson