Sunday

Good Things Out There

I don't know where Pioneer Woman lives, but I think I need to spend a few lifetimes there.

I endeared myself to my pedicurist yesterday when I told her how she could use her DVR to record Gunsmoke and The Rifleman while she's treating other people to pedicures. It's the simple things in life.

I need to read this post every day. So do you.
Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 4:10, 11


This is from my church this morning. It made me cry. Indeed, please pray for us!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this, Sarah. I wanted to see it again.

Tammy M. said...

I loved that.

Roxanne said...

We did not have a photo montage, but our preacher began his sermon with a prayer for all of the students and teachers and administrators and parents. I cried too.

Loved the video--I sent the link to our minister.

Terral said...

That was great! That little boy at the end is cute as a bug. At our church, we pick a school age child every year and pray for them all year long. We put their picture on our fridge. It is great knowing that another family is praying for Colton.
Great post Sarah. I love the scripture that you put. I think as women sometimes we forget that each of us has a unique gift. We ought to encourage that instead of looking for the flaws. We all have something that draws us together, and He wants us to be united.
My friend and I were talking today about having things once a month that would encourage and include all of the women. I am guilty of doing my thing with my group of friends and I never seem to leave time for other people that might need encouragement.

Trina said...

I loved the video. Of all those on there, I think Foy may have had the most "time in the trenches". BUT,yes.......I am starting my 27th year. I started in the fall of 1981, and the first year counted as a zero year. Go figure...Education loans don't have a zero year. Hang in there. Time flies (only after Christmas and you still have a ton to cover or Time flies best in the summer!)

AbbieCRAZY said...

It still makes me cry!