Tuesday

So What Did YOU Do, Pt. 2

So the dining room looked like this while the office was looking much better!























Saturday I began to plod away sorting through things, but by the time I got to the hard stuff (scrapbook stuff and sewing/ craft stuff) I just wanted to lay down and cry! I didn't think there was an end anywhere in sight! So, I called SuperOrganizer-- some of you may know her as Anne. (Anne -- I think we just came up with a name for your business -- your logo is Superman's 'S'! :-) Leaping piles of clutter with a single bound, she braved the icy roads to rescue me. In no time she helped me get finished up AND put back together in the office. So, about 28 hours, 3 trash bags, and 1 home improvement project that required 1 PG-13 word in front of my 11-year old later ...
NOW this is what you see from my dining room table (drumroll, please)....

Is that just SO much better? Indeed. Anne suggested a skirt for the counter to hide some of my storage. Remember the paper avalanche? No more... (yes, my scrapbook is completely posing as being worked on -- it will happen in time!)





THIS handy little idea (thank you, Anne) is SO cute and fun and works awesome to hold my cute ribbons for these!
AND not only is my office/ sewing/ scrapbook room SO much more lovely and peaceful, you can't even see that I got caught up on our checkbook register on the computer and organized all bank statements. Besides that, here are all of my greeting cards (yes, I have told my family not to let me buy anymore for about 10 years -- but I don't have sympathy and guess what I found out that I needed today!)

AND I organized some of my scrapbook supplies -- paper and supplies! *whew*!

Isn't that so awesome? Troy took a while to comment about it because the mess in the dining room was a little too distracting, but we ALL agree -- including the neighbor little boy who comes over to play computer games -- that it is SO much more peaceful! *sigh* So, I'm off to enjoy some hot chocolate (not really, can't stand that) and another round of a game that the kids got for Christmas that we LOVE! Thanks, Anne!

11 comments:

Anne said...

It was sooo fun and it looks FABULOUS!! You worked more magic after I left! Now I want to come work in your organized little office instead of at my computer, which is conveniently located in the breakfast room! :)

And I LOVE the name you gave me! Maybe the -S- should be leopard-striped!

Anne said...

Okay...make that leopard-PRINT!

Unknown said...

What an amazing job your guys did, and what a sweet friend to brave the weather and come help you. I love how it turned out, you should be proud of yourself!!

mistihollrah said...

Awesome! I am jealous! I would love to have a room just for my crafts/scapbooking/sewins...maybe when my four kids move...that can wait!

Great job! I love blogging my to-do's and my tackles, for some reason it makes me accountable!

Thanks for stopping by my site & checking out my tackle!

Jen said...

I LOVE what you've done what with your space. It looks so awesome! This is a huge tackle--very inspiring!

Anonymous said...

OH, SARAH!!!!! It is just LOVELY. . .and I see my cd cover in and amongst all of your stripey stuff, so I"m glad I gave you something that is actually DECORATIVE rather than clutter for once. :) Your room (with your ribbon--and please tell me there is atleast ONE huge basket in there) looks AWESOME. BRA-VO!!!

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

Oh Anne - please put her on a plane to save me!!!! I have been in tears before and I am sure I will be again! I am only part way through my basement tackle and there are still so many things to be done. It is sooooo overwhelming sometimes.

Your room looks SOOOOO FANTASTIC now! WOOHOO!

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

It looks fantastic!
Great job!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! How awesome! Great job ladies.

Tammy M. said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good job Sarah and Anne. I probably would have just put a curtain on the door and closed it. This organizing looks a lot better.