Tuesday

Just Another Day in Room 24


  • Thing 1 walked in the door telling me she had already thrown up this morning. ("Then why are you here?" seems too logical...)
  • Tantrum from Thing 2
  • I forgot to make copies that I needed at conference time, so moved reading to after lunch -- I'll just use the overhead for this part.
  • Overhead bulb blew.
  • Thing 1 throws up.
  • Fire drill.
  • Kids think "fire drill" means "circus tumbling act" -- re-enact fire drill appropriately during centers.
  • Thing 3's mom comes into the chaos that is dismissal -- we're sharpening pencils, getting backpacks, passing out homework -- with her other two kids AND THE DOG.
  • Thing 4 goes into panic attack mode when mom is late for pick up.
  • On the way out the door I realize the act of squenching my eyes together trying to press my headache into my brain and away from my eyballs has caused my make-up to vanish. At least my looks reflect the day...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then it was one hellova pretty day at Bonham I say...

-TMS

karene said...

I was glad to see that one of your mom's brought a dog to school. I had a patient (I kid you not!) who barked like a dog and meowed like a cat! More than once! and in front of other patients!

But I don't think anyone threw up today, so you have me on that!

Ashleigh said...

Whew. I don't know how you do it... really, I don't...

Roxanne said...

Lordy--it's goin' around. Take some Motrin and watch City Slickers again. . .makes me glad we are all staying home tomorrow (go take a look at my day--but no one threw up--especially not someone else's child OR brought a dog anywhere near me so you win.)

Robin said...

What a day! At least you aren't trapped inside by the weather anymore. ;)

I do so love reading about your day in the classroom.

Denise W said...

Why, why, why do people send their children to school sick??!! Nobody else wants your child's illness! Why is this hard to understand?

 
Design by Deluxe Designs