Thursday

Right-Brained Thursday

Some people are left-brained: logical thinkers, organized, mathematical. Some people are right brained: creative, artistic, free-spirits. I am no-brained. Anytime I do a brain-dominance test, I am split down the middle. Some people refer to me as “balanced,” I refer to me as “no-brained.” Po-tay-to, po-tah-to.

As I mentioned, I’ve been learning Spanish in my car. I’m not ready for any Spanish conversation yet, but I could find my backpack, the police, and/or the bathroom in an emergency! I started to woo you with my new language skills, but since no one commented on my demanding request for a (hotel) room with a bathroom AND shower from the other day, I’ll assume not too many of my readers/ commenters are bi-lingual (at least with Spanish – I know a few German/ English readers!) My BBBS work for this week is a lot of envelope stuffing/ shuffling, so I’ve been working on that at home and listening to my language CD’s. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night reviewing some of my Spanish words. However, when I awoke this morning, I HAD to figure out how to make the flip-flops with the curly ribbon on them like I’ve seen in Kelly’s Kids.

I did some things around the house. Then the kids and I went to get Riley’s haircut, to Michael’s for flip-flop creating supplies, then for me to donate blood. All the while, the kids quizzed me on my first CD of Spanish. When we returned home, I launched into all-out creative mode. I put on some music, baked my ribbon (don’t ask), plugged in the hot glue gun, and slapped together some darn cute flip-flops. They turned out SO cute, but more than anything, I decided that I REALLY needed to do something creative after all this language learning! My brain felt balanced again!

I think it is time to give Spanish lessons a break for a day or two. Maybe I’ll start macrame’ing some plant holders. Or not.

5 comments:

SuperMom said...

FLIP FLOPS!!! Too cute :-)

We've been baking ribbon around here, too, but we're making hair bows with ours.

AbbieCRAZY said...

Now I want some that are pink and black!

Anonymous said...

I am impressed! I see a new business in the horizen.

Anonymous said...

I think God knew what he was doing when he gave me three boys. There hasn't been any flip flop making and thank goodness there won't be until maybe I have grandkids. We will just have to bake cookies or something!

Anne said...

I would love a pair in turquiose and black! Too cute! :) You will have to teach me how so I can make Natalie and I matching flip-flops!