Thursday

This week

Thank you for humoring me to tell me who all is out there and reading. My site counter tells me that I also have occasional readers in Singapore, United Arab Emarates, and the United Kingdom. I would love to know the story behind those readers, but the mystery continues. And don't worry, Donna, Laura, or Karen. I'll never "out" that you're a reader -- your secret is safe with me. Obviously it goes completely against my nature not to have SOMETHING to say on every subject, so I won't say that I understand you.

When you're weary. . .
The next time I am telling you I just don't feel right, and crying that I'm SO tired all the time I don't know how I will make it, and tell you that I am considering seeing a doctor because something MUST be wrong with me -- please phone my home every evening about 6 and tell me to take my iron pill. You'll have to do that for 5 days minimum before I feel like a human again. No, I have no chronic medical malady that requires me to take iron. Doctors say that I am "borderline anemic, but it's nothing to worry about." Well, it's nothing to worry about only if you don't need to be alert, nice, or functioning past 6 p.m., or getting anything accomplished prior to 6 p.m. I love my iron pills so very much and am so thankful for them. Just had a MAJOR 3-day slump until I could get them kicked back in this week.

What do you think it means when all of the knives and spoons are in the dishwasher, but relatively little else? Too many sandwiches and bowls of cereal this week? Truly, a conundrum for the ages -- like the perpetually un-matched socks coming out of the dryer.

This is my kind-of Friday. The kids are off school tomorrow, so I'm off, as well. We are off of school to honor precious men and women who have served our country. If I were a good mom, I would take my kids to the Veteran's Day parade, then to the ceremony full of teachable moments for my kids. I really don't see that happening. I really NEED to get some work done from home (work work, not house work). I really don't see that happening, either. I've got plans to get into the kitchen for some of my holiday cooking!! Memory of those days when we have the WHOLE day to get things done makes me think I should probably have low expectations in that area, as well.

We kicked off our three-day weekend with a bang. Riley heads to the car pronouncing "I BEAT you!!" (to Ashley -- ran more laps than her today). When he saw the crumpled look on her face, he continues, "Well, you told me to beat you (she did) and I DID!" Face continues to crumple and the tears come with the shouting, "Well, you're annoying me!" Riley returns, "Well, you're annoying ME!" So I shout over both of them, "You're both annoying ME so no talking when we get in the car."

Good times.

1 comment:

Tammy M. said...

I think I need about 10 of your iron pills right now to recover from the 9 hours I spent in doctors offices today with Jack!