Thursday

Chances are. . .

I probably don't like you today. You're either too cheerful or too grouchy. I think you're either too self-centered or too nosy. You were driving too fast or too slow. You don't do your share or you make the rest of us look bad. You either refused to talk to me or you interrupted my solitude. You add to the mess or you criticize my housekeeping skills by helping me clean.

Chances are, I don't like you today. Don't take it personally -- I don't like myself too much today, either. But today is almost over (GLORY!) Tomorrow morning I will thank God for the promise of a new day, the coolness of a new season, and the never-ending well of His grace and mercy.

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions
never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22,23

5 comments:

Tammy M. said...

I will try not to take it personally.

Anonymous said...

Can I pass this to people on those days? We need a business-size card to just hand out. It must have pictures for non-readers.
Denise

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's the weather cause I am having one of those days too!

Anonymous said...

The reward at the end of my very busy Saturday was getting to actually MAKE time to log onto your blog since CFISD has removed that priviledge from me at school. And for all of your not liking me (in the generality that I am a human), you still made me smile, my friend.

That is one of the glories of knowing you for a full three decades. . .I've been the person you haven't liked on more than one occasion. A touchstone--a commonality that adds up to one unique Sarah.

And I absolutely no longer take it personally--although I think that point took about 20 years to achieve.

Spent the day with Aunt Norma. She is still the same--but older--and so I must spend time with her when I can.

Love you, friend. I'm glad you are out there, and honest, and you. And I loved Denise's suggestion--that would be a money maker right there.

R--

Caroline said...

Sarah- Thanks for your comments on my blog! I don't think you are crazy at all for replying- I really appreciate them! Glad to hear someone else can relate!
Caroline