Tuesday

A Day of Thanks. . .

I'm a mess. Let me tell you now, I'm a mess.

I groggily stumbled from bed this morning at 5:45. I always try REAL hard not to check the computer before I start my Bible study, but I just think maybe the world is scheduled to stop turning and my email to warn me came in the night. My email from the church prayer list said that Canon Perkins, a 20-month-old punkin' waiting for a liver transplant, was in surgery (Monday night)!! Hooray!! He has flown to Houston TWICE in the last 4 weeks only to have to return to Lubbock (Amarillo?) first because the liver was too big, and again because he had an ear infection. I linked to Canon's website for an update and read Chandra's (mom's) journal. It was an unbelievable way to start my Bible study time. A must read.

So I read and prayed -- especially for Anne and Nathaniel and baby. More than anything, I wanted Anne and Nathaniel to be at peace.

At about 7:30a.m., my mom called. Dad had been at his usual Tuesday morning elder's meeting. One of the elders was one of my teachers and class sponsors in high school. His wife called in the middle of the meeting to say that their daughter's car had been found in College Station (where she is in school at A&M) with blood in it, and they couldn't find the daughter. Can you even imagine? For the next 3 hours I realized I have seen entirely too much TV -- Law and Order and CSI -- because there was no way I could make this come out okay in my head.

As details filtered to me (and still I have precious little) I learned her car was found behind her work with 2 doors open and blood in it at 4 this morning.

Finally, at about 10:30, I heard that she had been found and was okay. I still don't know anything, and her condition ranges from "injured, but being treated" to "totally fine". I don't know, but I was a wreck. But ready to praise!!

Work was a day of false starts and changed plans, and now the server at work is totally down. So I guess I'm off the hook for working tonight!


This is what my poor dad did this morning after learning of the girl's disappearance:
"I then departed for Monroe Surgical to have an ultrasound to follow
the progress of an aortic aneurysm (sp?) which I didn't even remember I had.
After a longer-than-usual examination the tech went to review past films, and
brought back the senior tech for a re-do. They couldn't see the problem. They
caught the radiologist who ordered a "spiral" CT scan, which also apparently
showed nothing. So, I guess I've been miraculously healed of something I didn't
even remember having!"


So, another praise -- and we didn't even know to be praying!! (do you LOVE a man who can forget he has an aortic aneurism? :-) I DO! ) After that and hearing that she was okay, he said he was wiped out emotionally, as you can imagine! He decided to read my blog for a little inspiration and/or humor. Bless him. Read what I wrote about Anne and Nathaniel. He's probably on Valium by now.

I finally got home and paced and waited until we got this word from Anne:

"Thanks to all of you for your prayers for us! We know God has been
listening.The appointment today went incredibly well, and I am carrying a
healthy baby BOY!
God is so Good!Please continue to pray as we await April and our son's entry into this world! "

She also helped me with details of her story by correcting that the fertility treatments were intrauterine inseminations instead of invitro. I will thank the Good Lord that I don't know the difference between the two and hopefully will never have to spell either again! :-)

Now I am off to carry my praises into the cold Abilene air while Riley complains how cold it is to watch the Christmas parade (we always had Saturday morning parades growing up -- can I get an "amen" for one of those PLEASE!!)

This morning, after I had heard word of Canon's successful surgery and a possible disappearance, I could only turn to song. I had to sing my heart out:

Blessed be your name
In the land that is plentiful
Where the streams of abundance flow
Blessed be your name

Blessed be your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be your name

Every blessing you pour out,I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name

Blessed be your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name

Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
Oh, There's pain in the offering
Blessed be your name

Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to stay
Blessed be your name

2 comments:

Anne said...

God is so good!

Anonymous said...

We and others rejoice with Anne and Nathaniel over their wonderful news. We will continue our prayers for them and their baby.
MSR