Wednesday

Some Pics


A bit late, but as promised, some pics of some of the last few weeks and exciting occurences. Riley's birthday was Friday and, I think I've mentioned here, he was going to babysitting co-op for his birthday while Troy and I had our anniversary date night. Until we learned there wasn't any babysitting co-op! Ooops! So, instead, we had Abbie and Kenny over to watch movies and have giant birthday cookie. Notice my pajama-clad arm slicing the cookie -- can't beat a date night in your PJ's!



And, Abbie is just a cutey-tootey and wanted us to take her picture. How could we resist? Santa should know she REALLY liked Ashley's "click-it" purse. . .

















And from Halloween -- you just gotta have a 10 foot Frankenstein, right? Ashley wanted to be Troy Aikman, but settled for Jacob Green (a 7th-grader at our church) who happens to play on the Cowboys this year. Riley's wizard outfit is a re-run of last year. I hate that the wizard face scares a lot of kids (I make Riley take his hat off and show them that HE isn't scary) because Riley loves this costume so very much. I lifted his hat for one kid and said, "See, this isn't a scary face?" The kid pointed at Riley's belly and screamed, "But THAT one is!!!!" Good point!









He's just too cute to be scary, isn't he?


















I was actually barefoot as the little farm-girl waiting for my handsome cowboy. He's pretty cute, too, huh?










Just to make you laugh. . . is this a hoot?
Stumbled across Elizabeth's blog. The caption for this picture is "When Professional Photographs Go Very Wrong". And do you love the little guy with his face stretched to the back of his head still smiling? Love it! Happy pre-Thanksgiving -- I'm heading to make a pecan pie!

2 comments:

Tammy M. said...

Good pictures. I took a picture once of a brother and sister, they were on a tire swing facing each other. The brother was in between moving one of his hands around and I snapped a shot. Later upon developing, it looked like this sweet little boy was giving his sister the bird. Come to find out the lab thought it was so funny, they hung a copy of it up in their backroom. Someone should put a book together of blooper professional portraits.
------------
I loved that the little boy was smiling while his sister was stretching his cheeks to his ears. While I just wrote that I think I have also used those same words to describe Kenny Rogers and Burt Reynolds after having their faces tucked.
------------
Happy Thanksgiving friend, I am so thankful for you.

Anonymous said...

I had not seen Riley's wizard costume. . .speaking of the mom of someone whom it would scare, (namely Vicoria in her younger days) part of the scariness factor is that Riley's belly is staring wee ones RIGHT in the face. :)

Yes. . .very funny pic of the kiddos on the bridge. We have a shot of Momma with all the kids when Conner was one and Victoria was 18 months. . .Gavin was 6 1/2. Momma is holding the two babies and smiling for all she's worth, Conner and Victoria are both screaming their lungs out, and Gavin just looks very confused. The photographer put it in the front of the proofs book as the best shot of them all. . .

Happy turkey day. I'm pooped already and have yet to even step foot inside the Langley homestead. Yikes.

R--