Thursday

Where Am I?!?

School is out, and baseball season is winding down. Days at the pool, swimming lessons, camps and vacations are ahead of us and will be over all too quickly.

Tonight, evidently giddy with the freedom that comes from showing off your final report card, the kids, again, want to have a sleepover (just with each other). Actually, they did ask about the neighbors again, but I told them that may be pushing their luck!

After dinner we had this conversation:

A: Riley, do you want to play a game of Life?

R: (so excited!) Yes!! I was just about to ask YOU that!!!

Me, to Troy: Do you feel as if you are in a parallel universe?

T: Absolutely!!

A: What are you all talking about?

Me: Who ARE you, and what have you done with my children? What is that -- being polite to each other?!?!

A: What MOVIE have you been watching?

Me: Evidently the one I thought was my real life!

2 comments:

Anne said...

I have been meaning to ask if you have any suggestions as to where we can get some swimming lessons for Natalie...are you teaching this summer? :)

Roxanne said...

Enjoy the honey moon period. :)

R--