Thursday

Back In Action

I know, you've missed me horribly, and I've missed you as well. Bloglines says I have 103 new blog posts to catch up on. It may be a while!

I went to Austin for a conference this week, and was reminded that there are many things specifically "female" that I am not:
  • I do not enjoy traveling (to the restroom, on an elevator, shopping) in packs. I'm really okay alone.
  • I actually like being alone. A lot.
  • I do NOT feel the need to fill any silence with talking. Silence and solitude -- in WAY too short supply.
  • I don't mind deciding where a group of women should eat dinner. Otherwise, we could spend all night saying, "I REALLY don't care -- you decide."

I'm very happy to be home and got home in time for a little league baseball game. It wasn't pretty, but it's over! And so much to catch up on -- laundry, work, and blogs! See you around!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are your mother's daughter. I join you in the expressed sentiments. I've always attributed my not having those typically "female" characteristics to the mathematician in me, since most of my female colleagues were similarly lacking those characteristics also. Who knows!

Jessica said...

Glad you are back! I was wondering where you had been... I always enjoy your posts and your comments.

I used to laugh when people talked about enjoying quiet and being alone... the stress of the last semester has taught me how peaceful it can be to just be by yourself in quiet.

AbbieCRAZY said...

ALONE! YOU WERE ALONE??!! Please tell me you had lots of sleep, read something wonderful, watched something inappropriate on a pay channel, then ate a salad and called it dinner. Or sushi...

Tammy M. said...

Did someone say Sushi ?......

Anne said...

Welcome back Sarah!

Roxanne said...

I can only imagine that your stress level was through the roof. . .and I'm surprised you didn't break into hives.

YOu know I'm a fence sitter. . .good on the yack. . .good on the silence. Good on the baby showers. . .not so good on shopping malls.

Thinking of you--

R--

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you girlfriend.

Who declared it "female" to go to restrooms, shopping, and on elevators (!?) in groups anyway? And filling silence with talking?? What the...?

I, too, enjoy shopping alone, thinking quietly...