Tuesday

Today

I found a lima bean in the console of my car. It was painted yellow with an 'H' on it. I thought a lima bean in the console of my car was ridiculous, but when I realized it was painted yellow with an 'H' on it, it seemed perfectly logical.

I took lunch to Riley today. McDonald's. Happy Meal, cheeseburger, with an extra cheeseburger. I got a salad, and showed Riley how to turn a grape tomato into a tiny little tomato-man who throws up. I'm pretty sure that makes me the coolest mom ever. At least the coolest mom today. Demotion pending, I'm sure.

Yesterday I got the first pedicure I have ever had in my life. While I love my beautiful pink toenails and my soft heels and toes, I really did not enjoy the experience. My feet are ticklish!

Today I am wearing my new pink sandals I bought for Troy to give me for Mother's Day. I may even wrap them up for me to open on Mother's Day. They look so nice with my beautiful pink toes, too. A happy that I needed in my day. My un-happy in my day is that they hurt my feet. Don't cute shoes always hurt your feet? What's that about?

Tonight we work the concession stand for little league. Everyone hates it -- it's like America's 2nd favorite pasttime to hate working at the concession stand. My little secret is that I love it. No, I don't have 2.5 hours to go make dinner for other people, but I love our little ballpark and all the nice people that come there. It's my own little slice of Americana that I would never voluntarily be amongst, so I'm thankful for my time to visit with little brothers and sisters, grandmas and grandmas, moms, dads, and neighbors who are out to cheer on their favorite little leaguer. So I have to flip some burgers and fry some fries. It's all good.

6 comments:

Tammy M. said...

I enjoy every bit of a pedicure except for the part where they are scrubbing your feet, picture me sitting in the pedicure chair, stranger at my feet, strangers all around, and me trying my darndest not to laugh out loud, just wiggling with an outburst of a very weird held in laugh about every 5 seconds. It is a most humiliating experience, but the rest of the pedicure makes it totally worth it.

Cary said...

I tried the Tommy the Sick Tomato trick a while back and it didn't work. Maybe I should try it on kids instead of adults.

AbbieCRAZY said...

I'm pretty ticklish, too. I just try no to jerk away. I do think it's so worth it to get rid of all that yucky heel...

Melodee said...

A lima bean with an "H." How funny!

I've never had a pedicure, much to my dismay!

Jessica said...

Yeah for pedicures. I am a pro at it now, no more giggling, but I have friends who can't sit still while their feet get scrubed. I am pretty sure my immunity comes from my disdain for shoes.

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

I just hope you didn't wear your new pink sandles to the concession stand. :)