Saturday

Fair Warning

We've already established that there are times that loud noises do me in.

Riley had a 10 a.m. game this morning. Thankfully, I was able to sleep in a bit this morning, so I had not been awake long when Julio's family breaks out the breakfast tacos which smelled like an entire Mexican dinner. So that smell is grossing me out, our stands were in the sun, the speakers were BLARING "I feel Good!", small tantrum boy is doing his job (while dumping out my water bottle to play with it), and some kids below me were scraping rocks on the metal bleachers sounding like a chorus of maracas. I'm not happy.

Riley had a good game, despite being hit with the ball when the 3rd baseman threw the ball to 1st to try to get him out. But it won't overcome the barrage of sensory overload that continued to attack me throughout the game.

Off to seek silence and solitude. . .

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Sensory overload indeed. . .like my tuna making at 6:30 that grossed you out. . .only to be out done by my chocolate cupcake making at 6:30 that grossed you out even more. . .

Hope your house offered a big plate of peace topped off by a huge dollop of solitude.

Thanks for manning the blog while I was away. :)

R--

LiteratureLover said...

I got a good laugh out of this! I am like you and love my solitude. This would have done me in! ;)