Thursday

Thoughts for Thursday

I can listen to my children argue about whether the clock said 8:05 or 8:06 for approximately 90 seconds before I completely lose it.

A tree in my neighborhood -- I'm guessing 4 feet in diameter -- blew over in the storm last night. The 18-inch diameter tree that blocks my satellite reception is still here.

Many have expressed concern with my sick stomach. Truly it isn't so bad to keep me from functioning. For whatever reason, I haven't had an appetite the last week or so, and that, coupled with a new medicine probably just turned my stomach a bit. I'm still migraine free!! After taking my migraine medicine my temples, jaw, neck, and shoulders were all sore as if they had been in knots for weeks and were finally loosening up. I'll take it!

If you don't know me well, I'm a somewhat healthy eater. I don't worry about organic this or that, and I'm great with preservatives, but I don't consider "chocolate" or "fried" a food group. The last year or so I have been especially obnoxious in trying to battle the 25 pounds of insulation my body piled on when we moved, flooded, and were sued in the same year.

I sat with Riley's class for Teacher Appreciation Week yesterday so that his teacher could go out for lunch. I went and ate lunch with Riley and he had a bag of Cheeto's in his lunch box.

"Mom, have you ever eaten Cheeto's?"

It was at this point that I knew my healthy eating has gone over the top. "Yes, Riley, they're some of my favorites! Do you mind if I have a few?" So we sat and munched on a bag of Cheeto's together. Riley reminded me that he was with Nonna (my mom) when she bought Mamaw (my 95-year-old grandmother) 2 big bags of Cheeto's at Wal-Mart. I decided that life is too short to go without Cheeto's for too terribly long. And when I turn 90, I'm going to live on Cheeto's and Little Debbie's oatmeal creme pies -- the best combination of lard and sugar this side of a Shipley's glazed donut fresh out of the frying oil.

In honor of my new attitude I had a Blue Bell Bombstick for snack today, and I think a corn dog is in my very near future.

13 comments:

Jessica said...

I had an oatmeal cream pie, half a bag of BBQ lays, and a popsicle Tuesday while finishing my paper... how is that for healthy eating!

Tammy M. said...

The cheetos are luring you over to the dark side....Sarah and a corn dog...whodda thunk?

Anne said...

Corn dogs and Shipley's donuts...it doesn't get any better! And if you get your hands on a Shipley's, save a bite for me:)

SuperMom said...

GASP! Chocolate isn't a food group??!!! Give me a minute...I'm reeling...

Roxanne said...

You. . .go. . .girl.

In the battle with the 25 pounds AND with enjoying the tasty pleasures life has to offer from time to time...enjoy some "capital F-double O-D."

R--

Anonymous said...

I keep telling you: it's not Shipley's, it's KRISPY KREME.

AbbieCRAZY said...

I, too, am shocked by the corn dog and I think that AM Donuts compare with Shipley's. Krispy Kreme are for mindless eaters. Isn't that anyone who eats a corn dog?

Rebecca said...

I will not hear the name of Krispy Kreme defamed! Long may they reign! Good to hear you are feeling better and eating happy foods. :)

Diane Viere said...

I'm so glad you are migraine free--as a migraine sufferer...I acknowledge the great feat it truly is!

What medicine has helped you? I currently take Imitrix at the onset of a headache...but would love to know what prevents them!

Diane

LiteratureLover said...

"I can listen to my children argue about whether the clock said 8:05 or 8:06 for approximately 90 seconds before I completely lose it."

I am still laughing over that line! I feel your pain, Sista. Except I don't think I can last even 90 seconds. Happy Cheeto eating!

Roxanne said...

I can't take it. . .I have to weigh in (no pun intended) on the donuts. . .Shipley is king. . .and their the only ones who make a truly luscious cinnamon twist. YUM!!!!!

R--

Roxanne said...

My trashcan is missing from my last comment so you will have to stare at the offender. . .make that they're (as in they are) rather than their (as in they own it). :)


R--

(I started to type "too" and "stair" rather than the correct usages. . .but thought the humor might not be appreciated write--I mean right--at this moment.)

heartsjoy said...

LOL, yes, I have negative tolerance for the kids arguing over N-O-T-H-I-N-G. However, I am guilty of it too. L As for the donuts....I'm sorry but Krispy Kreme rules!!! I've got the poundage to show it. :)