Tuesday

Random

I'm still thinking about being an heiress... and lots of other things. I wrote about it here.

We are in the middle of our happy lives over here: soccer this and that, we find out tomorrow which volleyball team we're on, new jobs being done, on and on. Very fun, very busy. PTA board meetings. Oy. I explained the phrase, "One bad apple..." to my family upon my return. One bad apple, indeed.

Okay, you know I am NOT a techno-wizard. I give you my blog button failure as an example (and we'll discuss my contest failure later, thankyouverymuch). But I've gotten some comments about linking, etc.

Kelly wanted to know how to include links -- I think she was talking about within a post. If you are using blogger (which Kelly is), it's SO simple (again, in your countrified voice, mocking the Nutri-System commercial). While you are composing your blog post (be on the 'compose' tab, not 'Edit HTML' tab) type whatever it is you want to make your link. You might write: "I give you my blog button failure as an example." and would like your link to be on 'blog button failure'. I, personally, now open a new tab for the internet and find the blog post or website or yada yada I want to link to. I copy the URL address box on that tab, then go back to my blog post. Highlight the phrase: 'blog button failure', then click on the chain (link) on the green dot (that may be a globe?) and this dialog box will pop up (it says 'hyperlink information'):


Paste the URL into that box and tell it 'ok'! Voila! You are linked! (Important: either delete the current 'http://' or paste over it, but if you've copied the original URL, you will need to remove the one that shows up there).

Tammy mentioned needing to learn how to link to specific blog posts. You need to link to the 'permalink'. The best explanation of finding that is here.

If Kelly was curious about linking within comments, I can do that, but don't currently have the energy to go into explaining it. I will tell you that this website also has an explanation of that: but it is wrong! So, can't really recommend that.
So, just a little blogging info. Not much to see around here. Moving along...

2 comments:

Tammy M. said...

Thanks so much Sarah, never used the Permalink, only the html code from the address in the bar.
Sorry about your writing contest. I have started writing and finished a couple of times and didn't like my story, so I would delete and start over. Thanks for inspiring me to write.

Kelly Sessions said...

haha thanks so much Sarah...I actually thought that's how you did it...I'm proud I asked...this Millenial isnt too quick to ask advice on technical things...I like to think that's one of my strength's in life!!:) haha Oh an I didnt realize troy had a blog as well...I like it:)