Wednesday

Whew!

How did summer get so busy? This week has been appointment this and appointment that with a meeting thrown in for good measure. And? It's hot. I know, it's hot where you are, but I mean it is CRAZY hot. Actually today it is almost bearable hot, but earlier? Crazy hot.

Part of our appointments/ obligations have been getting the kids 'fixed up' -- braces for her, ankle checks for him, basketball game for her, soccer sign-ups for him. I am so thankful for all the comings and goings and doings I am able to be present for. Last night Ashley had a basketball game -- she's playing on a summer league (obviously). For some reason, she always wants her jersey number to be '3'. I can't tell you what it does to this momma's heart to hear the opposing coach yell, "Watch out for number 3!! Watch out for number 3!!" That's right -- watch out! I love it.

This year will be her first year to play athletics for a school -- 7th grade. Which means 7 a.m. practices. And, yes, if you play athletics, you play all year long. For her, that will be volleyball, basketball, and tennis ('cause she's not real into that 'track' thing). Approximately 175 days of 7 a.m. practices. Check with me in February, but right now, I simply cannot wait. Ashley is at home on any court (Watch out for number 3!!) as evidenced by the huge, cheesy grin she has pretty much the entire time she plays. I can't wait to help her get to practice what she loves to do.

And soccer sign-ups? We did check with the orthopedist if that was an okay venture or not. He gave his blessing, but we do have an appointment with a physical therapist (Riley is REALLY offended at having a 'therapist'! I told him all the awesome athletes do!) to teach us what we can do here at home to strengthen those ankles since, as the doc says, soccer is hard on ankles! Say a prayer!

That's the chatty news from Lake Wobegon. Blissfully un-dramatic. Just hot. Oh, I guess the biggest drama is our poor swimming pool's chemical battle against the green-ness of the water. It's been a rough year, let's just say, for the ol' pool. But, when it's 108*, one is in need of a pool. A blue, crystal clear pool -- not a green, cloudy one. I keep threatening to put one in at my house. I think it's time, don't you?

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I hear ya about the pool. Sometimes when people say "oh wow, you have a pool!", don't ya just wish you could give it to them?

I have some lovely pool stories myself lately... :)

Tammy M. said...

Wishin' for the sparkly blue water, or atleast for time to hang out at some bluish-green water.