Friday

End of the Week!

Well, I had all manner of fun things to tell you this week, but I have had to do major battle to get to my computer this week. Generally, there is an offspring standing over me with a watch timing me to complete my one email I promised I would ONLY send then get off the computer.

Oh, it's TV-free week at our house, did I mention? I usually make that include all screens (computer, Gameboy, etc.) but I didn't have the gumption this go-round.

One thing that I scheduled us to do this week (this will show you how pathetic I am that I had to schedule this) was to go 'watch the stars come out'. Riley has been asking for OVER A YEAR to do that! (I know, really! I recognize how sad I am!) So Wednesday p.m. I told the kids to have a blanket and bug spray in the car before church. After church -- the talking and the what-not -- we piled into the car, headed north, stopping at McDonald's for sundaes (and cinnamon melts for me -- pause for 'yum' thoughts!), and went to a lawn on the ACU campus to watch the stars come out. It was too bright for actual star-gazing, but it was glorious fun to sit with my family and find a star that, 8 seconds prior, had been invisible. The weather was AMAZING and almost cool-ish. It was free (except for the sundaes) and a precious memory.

Go make a memory with your family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE tv-free time. (I had to ground Z from his DSlite a couple of days ago - after the initial shakes (haha) he created some rather impressive Lego structures.)

I Love the idea of going out with the family and creating memories On Purpose. Who cares if you have to schedule times like that, keep on scheduling, and do more.

Susan said...

I'm so proud of you for doing that. Once we woke our girls up to see the lunar eclipse. We didn't actually get to see it because it was so cloudy, but the important thing was that it wasn't ordinary.

You go, Super Mom!!

~Susan

Rob said...

Great idea! I was just thinking tonight about planning a time with Luke and then with Grace in which we do some big, fun, outside the box thing. Thanks for the added encouragement to do so!