Saturday

Trying Something New

So here I am, 74 mph on the interstate (not currently driving), typing
with my thumbs. Blogger has an email address where I can email in a
blog post and there it will be! Theoretically. So I thought I would
try 'drive-by blogging' OR, literally, 'phoning it in'! And, no, I'm
not telling you the email address. I know how you people operate!

Sharp subject change: it occurs to me that not only am I not a thrill-
seeker, I'm not even a fun-seeker. Which makes me vastly different
than many of my 'running buddies' -- those I 'run around with' that
wouldn't be caught dead actually running. My buddies live for fun and
fun times. But anytime someone tells me: "We are going to have SO!
MUCH!! FUN!!!", I know the most fun will be watching others have their
fun. Forced/ planned fun times are usually loud and active, which
isn't my brand of fun.

So I have been pondering what IS my brand of fun. It occurs to me that
my brand of fun isn't about doing, it's about being: being with
friends, being with family, being at peace, being away from pressing
responsibilities. Not to say that my friends' brand of fun wouldn't
INCLUDE those things,but I'm a fairly subdued kind of seeker. Some
might even call it 'lethargic.'

So, when someone asks you what they can do that would be fun for me,
tell them, "Just let her be." Seriously. And it will be more fun than
I can stand!

From the highway,
Peace out.

Sent from my iPhone

4 comments:

Susan said...

I'm so glad you weren't driving! If you were, that would be one more thing we could add to the list of crazy things people do when driving. Good for you. tee hee.

I'm doing something I've never done before, while blogging today, know scanning has been around for quite some time, but I'm just now getting caught up on so much. :)

Anonymous said...

Me thinks your idea of FUN sometimes even includes a little darling named iPhone ;)

You lucky little nerd :)

Roxanne said...

Yes, fun for me is being still. Or being with you and both of us being still--or drinking diet coke while being still--or going for a chatty walk--or eating Mexican food.

Biddy said...

haha i love blogging from my phone!

now i just need to get a phone that doesn't limit how many words i can send in a text!