Friday

Quote for the Day

First, let me explain that a few things lately have reminded me of the falibility of humans. Remember that I generally believe the best about people, but frequently people show me their worst.

The following quote was in my reading in "My Utmost for His Highest" this week:

"If I put my trust in human beings first, I will end in despairing of everyone; I will become bitter, because I have insisted on man being what no man can ever be -- absolutely right. Never trust anything but the grace of God in yourself or in anyone else."
Oswald Chambers

3 comments:

AbbieCRAZY said...

I recently read of someone's bad experience with "Christianity." All I could think was that PEOPLE will disappoint and hurt you every time. People screw up. People sin. Those screw-ups need God the most.

A Screw-Up

Jessica said...

Is Roxanne coming to see you and you didn't plan a soree at Starbucks? I am so hurt! Ya'll have fun!

Roxanne said...

Well, you and Maya and Oprah were all on the same Karma wave. . ."When people show you who they truly are--believe them."

You'd already summed it up here.

And God has shown us who he truly is as well. . .praise him for that.