Thursday

Beat the Heat!

After recovering from my June electricity bill, I've been looking for recipes that don't require much in the way of heating the oven, etc. Several articles have said, "Beat the heat in the kitchen and fire up the grill!"

Where do these people live? Absolutely, charcoal is evidently way cheaper than electricity right now -- but cooler? So you really think it is preferable to stand in 103* heat over a grill rather than in a kitchen in an air-conditioned home?

Would anyone support me in the argument that eating at Chili's -- using their air conditioning AND oven -- is really cost-effective and cheaper than trying to cool our home, heat our oven, and feed our family? I'm going with it!

9 comments:

heartsjoy said...

Preach it sister!!

Roxanne said...

Sounds like a plan to me. . .You can also find all of those "kids eat free" places and have several choices per week. . .is there a James Coney Island? Fudruckers? Denny's? They all have free nights--then you can use their free a/c AND free food. :)

It was blazin' hot here today, but so pleasant tonight--not sure what blew through. . .haven't seen the news or really any t.v. since before VBS (which is over tomorrow).

R--

Anonymous said...

Works for me!

SuperMom said...

LOL!!! I have often wondered the same thing! Of course, it IS cooler for you if you make your hubby do the grilling, like me :-)

I'm with ya. Chili's is a great way to beat the heat.

AbbieCRAZY said...

Rosa's - 2.99 tacos on Tuesday

Sharon Allen's BBQ - kids eat free on Sunday nights
After 9:00 she sells whatever's left over for 1/2 price - that's tomorrow's dinner!

Red Robin - kids eat free on Sunday nights thru the end of the month

That's all I got so far but I'm always looking.....

Jessica said...

We had chili's last night... and the kids ate free... Megan had free kid's passes. I have saved them up all year and I forsee many trips to Chili's, Gatti's, and Spaghetti Warehouse. :)

Too bad my excuse isn't that it is too hot to cook... I'm just feeling a bit lazy!

Anne said...

Hot does not even begin to describe it!

Maybe we should all meet up at Chili's sometime! We could call it the "Beat the Heat Club!"

joyfuljourney said...

I could go for some Southwestern Eggrolls!

Melodee said...

I heartily agree!