Monday

Quote(s) for the Day

I recently started reading "Home To Harmony" by Philip Gulley. Precious fiction. It's a little bit "Prairie Home Companion" with much Christian insight and wisdom thrown in. In the first chapter, I laughed and cried. That's all I need! Much of what I have read I have wanted to commit to memory. Some of my favorites (so far):

"Sometimes we come to gratitude too late. It's only after blessing has passed on that we realize what we had."

"The leaves of our blessed lives fall to the ground and if we're wise like my grandfather, we gather them in a pile and keep them safe lest the winds of forgetfulness blow them away."

"There's danger in thinking joy is a matter of location. If we can't find joy where we are, we probably won't find it anywhere."

9 comments:

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

We read those books out loud last summer on our family vacation. My kids were laughing out loud. Loved them!

Roxanne said...

Must read them. . .I am getting the photos on my blog by using the photo option on our video camera to take a shot of whatever photo I want to put on the blog. Tony plugs the video camera into the computer. . .it goes on the hard drive in "my pictures" and viola. . .I have used it to make a pictorial field trip of you and me that will be posted as soon as I can do it justice.

R--

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

Ooohh, I love to read, thanks for the suggestion!

I love the quotes, especially the last one. It is so true...when you can be content wherever you are, that is a truly beautiful thing.

Anne said...

Sounds like a book I need to read!

Anonymous said...

I just got through reading the entire series. They truly get better and better. I can totally relate. I really miss you, by the way.

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

Sarah,
What is the name of the first book in the series. I'd like to read them in order, and I'll need to have my mom send them to me.
Thanks!!

Sarah said...

Joy, I BELIEVE (please someone correct me if I'm wrong) that 'Home to Harmony' is the first in the series. My friend Laura that said she read them all just left town, so I can't ask her. :-( I'll try to do a little more research on it. . .

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

Ok, thanks so much!!
Have a great day, er night!

Melodee said...

I read that book last year. I liked it a lot. (My husband really loved it--and he doesn't even like fiction!)