Saturday

Garage Sale Saturday

The next-door neighbors had a garage sale today.

Question: Do only poor drivers go to garage sales, or does the act of going to a garage sale cause poor driving?

My plan: I read in USA Today where an oil analyst said that if Americans would reduce their gasoline usage by 3% -- did you catch that -- 3% -- not 50% -- not even 25% -- for one month we would see our prices fall. I propose that for the month of July no one use a drive-thru window or go to a garage sale (or have one, for that matter). I'm pretty sure that would take care of that 3%! The worst that could happen is that your own personal gasoline bill would be smaller!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a great idea! And when out and about during the 97% of the time, go to the car dealership and trade in the gas-hog for a vehicle that has superior gas efficiency :)

Anne said...

I did drive by your house today as I was out garage saling! We even waved at Troy who was sitting out in front, and then passed you driving up the street! I AM NOT one of those typical crazy garage sale drivers. I am the paranoid one who parks 2 blocks away so I won't get blocked in or door dinged!

AbbieCRAZY said...

Good thing that challenge isn't in June - having a sale next Saturday!

Jessica said...

You do not have to worry about me garage saleing... it is my least favorite activity. The drive-thrus on the other hand are probably what get me in trouble.