Thursday

A Most Unfortuanate Name, Mr. Pitts*

The kids and I had our annual dentist appointment this week. We all have ultra-sparkly smiles now. Both our dentist and our hygienist go to our church and are wonderfully sweet people. Our hygienist has a bit of an unfortunate name, but she is so precious I never think about it.

Riley, however, could remember that it was something we're not supposed to talk about (or is it something we're not supposed to do?), but couldn't remember precisely what it was. So he asked, "Is Mrs. Hiney going to clean our teeth? Is that her name? Or is it Mrs. Butts?"

He was whispering so low I could hardly make out what he was saying. I finally got it all and realized what he was asking.

"Are you talking about Mrs. Belcher?"

"Yes, that's her."

"Yes, Mrs. Belcher is going to clean your teeth."



*Roxanne's favorite quote from the movie "Dead Poets Society".

3 comments:

Antique Mommy said...

Reminds me of that old joke where the preacher says, "Will the two ladies in the back with Harry Butts please take a seat?"

Roxanne said...

I think "Ms. Hiney" would truly, truly, truly be an unfortunate name, indeed. . .there is a principal here in Houston (of a high school no less) whose last name is--no lie--"Funk."

Oh my. . .that lady just THINKS Belcher is bad.

SuperMom said...

Sarah, your Riley stories are my favorite!!! He CRACKS ME UP!! I think I'm about to wet my pants. Seriously.