Tuesday

Sharing the Torture

After yesterday's post about the sitcom 'Alice', this song has been forever in my head. Sing along!:

Early to rise, early to bed.
In and between I cooked and cleaned and went out of my head.
Going through life with blinders on, it's tough to see.
I had to get up, get out from under and look for me.
There's a new girl in town and she's looking good.
There's a fresh freckled face, in the neighborhoood.
There's a new girl in town, with a brand new style.
She was just passing through, but if things work out she's gonna stay awhile....ba ba bum bum bummmm

Then today I started thinking about all of the sitcoms I used to be addicted to and could almost sing all of the theme song to:
The Jeffersons
Laverne and Shirley (you've gotta love a good "Schlemiel, Schlamozzle")
Facts of Life

If I think of any others I will also cause them to play ceaselessly inside your head.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"One, two, three o'clock, four o'clock a rock, ....." Watched Alice, etc., myself. Just remember that when things are stressful and we have said yes too much - or life just hands us a whole lot of junk at one time - "Put your big girl panties on and deal with it" :-) I've had to grab a hold of those panties lately and give myself a wedgie!
M.C.

AbbieCRAZY said...

"The Love Boat soon will be taking another run, the Love Boat promises something for everyone...

Anne said...

I have to say that Kirk Cameron on Growing pains was the hottest guy on TV when I was growing up. Probably why I had 46 pics of him on my bedroom wall at one point!

I was also really a fan of Happy Days! Joanie and Chachi's young love was great!

Anonymous said...

Come listen to a story 'bout a man
named Jed,
Poor mountaineer, barely kept his
family fed;
Then one day he was shootin' at
some food
And up from the ground come a'
bubblin' crude.
Oil, that is; Texas tea . . . .
You know the rest

Anonymous said...

"Here's the story, of a lovely lady who was bringing up three very lovely girls. All of them had hair of gold, like their mother, the youngest one in curls. . ."

And you'd really have to be an adolescent of the '80's to remember this one. . .

"Square pegs, square pegs, square, square, pegs. One size does not fit all. . ."

R--