Monday

Random Thoughts

Y'all is a contraction for you+all. The apostrophe is between the 'y' and the 'a'. If you don't know where the apostrophe goes, leave it out altogether.

I don't have caller ID. I know that you believe that all of the free world does, but since free is one thing caller ID isn't, I choose to be surprised when I pick up the phone. I do like the surprise to end there. I don't know who you are until you tell me. (actually, most people that read this blog, I DO know who you are when you call -- just pass it along, would you?)

Overheard a gal at the gym totally put her foot in her mouth: made some joke about what you could do the next time your boss made you mad. . . while her boss was standing RIGHT there. She immediately turned red, started apologizing, and said, "I thought about that after I said it!" Yes, the optimal time to think about something is BEFORE you say it, but I just can't quite get that one down, myself. She has my sympathies.

At work about once a month we have a program called "Hour of Magic". Heard this conversation today:
"Have you ever been to an Hour of Magic?"
"No"
"They're asking all staff to go that haven't been to one yet."
"How long does it last?"

Sadly enough, I don't even think that's the same person that referred to something and said, "It's not rocket surgery, you know."

Work should keep me in blog material for weeks to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay. . .had to chuckle at your "Hour of Magic" 'cause it made me think of you calling the HERALD OF TRUTH the "Hour of Power". . .you still crack me up. . .

R--