Sunday

I've Stooped

Yes, I've been the haughty SAHM (stay-at-home-mom). I laugh at the tube of cookie dough -- how hard is it to throw together some flour, sugar, and eggs? But I can certainly appreciate the need for convenience. But when they came out with the "pre-separated" dough? Like it's REALLY that hard to scoop it out of the tube with a spoon? Give me a break!

But -- uh, oh! Look what's on the shelves now! Pre-cut-out cookie dough in cute seasonal themes (currently Valentine's). Yes, my family just scarfed down $2.59 worth of cute (but not super-tasty) cookies in heart shapes. I feel the most guilty that I actually paid that much for so little, that wasn't very good anyway. Okay, they were hot chocolate chip cookies -- they weren't exactly BAD, either. I try to look at it (by rationalizing) that that's about how much a bag of chocolate chips would have cost, but would have made WAY more, which no one in this family needs. So, not only was I paying for some festive holiday shaped cookies for my family, but I was paying to not have leftovers for the rest of the week. How's that for rationalization?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woman! In the name of all that's holy and righteous, I release thee of thy cookie conundrum

Anne said...

If you feel so inclined to make them homemade next time (which I for one use the pre-made dough myself!) please feel free to send all extra "leftovers" to the Jones house. We will be happy to take them off your hands!