Tuesday

I would love to tell you that earth-shattering things are taking place in my life currently and it is keeping me from blogging. But that would be a lie. I am, as usual, crazy-busy, and I am becoming painfully aware that makes me not very nice to be around.

I taught ladies class at church today and made a specific note to point out John 6:15: "Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself." This man had just fed 5,000 people, they were clamoring to hear more and know more, and he went to be alone. Right this minute, I believe that single act is what makes him Jesus -- or, more aptly put -- what distinguishes him AS Jesus. I doubt he even felt guilty about doing it, either.

I really need to withdraw to a mountain, hillside, street corner, or couch to be alone. I've also figured out that Working Sarah -- who, we've already established, only vaguely resembles Real Sarah -- is around people too constantly. And the more I'm around people, the less I like them as a human race. People are very funny from a distance. Up close, they're a little disturbing.

Okay! Now that I've accepted my Miss Congeniality award, I will move along. Glory Road. Go see it. Too bad you can't see it on MLK day like our family did. Oh, and I don't think I've written about Narnia here, either. See it first (they have nothing to do with each other, but if you're going in order of importance and wonderfulness, start at Narnia). There are many things the book is able to discuss about thought processes that the movie, obviously, has to sacrifice, but it is still an EXCELLENT production. I heard someone mention that they were thankful Narnia wasn't made 10 years ago when it would have seemed cartoonish. Truly, it is very well done! And Aslan -- done beautifully!

So glad that there are finally some movies I can take my children to see. Yes, my kids went to see Glory Road which is PG -- only because of the racial slurs and hate language. Movie Mom says there is "mild sexual content". Other than the coach's wife in her 1965 nightgown and a player kissing his girlfriend good-bye at the bus on the way to a game, I evidently slept through any sexual content, mild or otherwise. Go see it. (insert "Let's Go to The Movies" from the Annie soundtrack here!)

That's the news from Lake Wobegon. More when my brain starts working again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After my wedding extraveganza weekend (I was the baker of the groom's cake, became the florist on Tues. before the wedding, and when the bride'smaid fainted became the EMT immediately), I thought my nap on Sunday would do. After yelling at anyone in my general vicinity yesterday around 12:30, I gave up, slammed the door on all of them (they were in the front yard no less), and laid down on the couch. That's the last thing I remembered until 4:00. I have evidently slept through all of the yard work and a couple of rounds of Crazy 8's.

Try to take a nap--and don't feel guilty. :)

Will send photos of the flowers and cake and beautifully groomed children (did I mention that Thad picked his nose the entire time he was up on stage as the ring bearer?) soon.

R--

Tammy M. said...

Sarah you did a great job today at Ladies Class. I still like working Sarah better than no Sarah at all, just so you know. In the summer will you be pool Sarah? Because that truly is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

I like pool Sarah too. . .although I haven't gotten to be with her in several years. I also like signing to the song on the radio Sarah. :) (That is S-I-G-N-I-N-G. I did not reverse the g and the n.)

Isn't it nice to have so many Sarah's all rolled into one?

R--