Tuesday

I'm Pathetic

I'm drowning in ministry-type stuff I'm doing. Four different ministries need everything all at once. For one ministry, I'm supposed to be recruiting people for a particular thing to do this Saturday. My notes say we need 40 people. We've made announcements from the pulpit (well, not me, but the ministry), we've passed around sign-up sheets in different classes. I have 15 people.

So, my thoughts:
"Why did I agree to do this? Why did he ask me to do this? I am
too busy for this, I can't put anymore time into it. This is just going to
have to do. Lord, this is what I have, these are my two mites, do
something fabulous with it."

Today I went to talk to the minister over this event, expressing my concerns that my folks were going to be few on Saturday. The minister relayed to me that everything is going fine, 15 would be plenty, any more than that would simply be icing on the cake.

Now, my thoughts:
"Why did he give me the 'icing on the cake' job? Did he not think I
could handle the real-for-real job? Did he KNOW I would botch it up?
What's with THAT?"

I am pathetic.

1 comment:

Tammy M. said...

You are so not pathetic. Substitute brilliant as a description and I would definately agree. What is up with blogger?