Friday

My Man

Obviously, Troy is one of my favorite writing subjects. Not only is he a precious gift from God, my relationship with him teaches me a lot about myself. Here is one of my favorite stories about him, written two years ago:

Our Ashley is adult-sized. She is not adult shaped, and, at barely 11, isn't an adult, but she is adult sized. Over 5' tall and in ladies clothes that do not fit because she isn't shaped like a lady yet, but the girl that she still is. She is still getting used to those long legs and ginormous feet that she inherited from her mother.

Last night, due to events we will never understand other than the earth's gravity, Ashley's feet came completely out from under her while she was walking into the kitchen. She had both hands full, so the entirity of her adult-sized body landed on her tailbone on our tile floor. As Troy and I stood over her trying to help her and determine what happened it quickly became obvious that even if there WERE something you could do for an injured tailbone, we didn't know what it was, and watching her cry and writhe in pain was heartbreaking.

So Troy squatted down and, without even audibly groaning, scooped up her adult-sized body as if she were still 3 or 4 and carried her to a more comfortable spot
-because she's his baby girl
-because she needed him
-because he's the daddy.

I also wrote about Troy in:
When the Oceans Rise and Thunders Roar

I've Become the Other Woman

Forgiveness

1 comment:

Dusty Chris said...

I occasionally drop in on your blog and have never been disappointed. Your words encourage adn give life to otherwise umdrum existence. Thanks.