Tuesday

Inconvenienced

Yesterday I read this powerful post on our way back from Louisiana. I was greatly impressed/ moved by Lysa's prayer:

"Forgive me for always praying, God bless me. Give me the courage to sometimes pray, God inconvenience me... so that I might constantly be reminded to draw near to you. Interrupt me Lord. Shake things up in me Lord. Reveal what's in me that's not of you, Lord. Oh Lord, more than anything, I want more of You."

That is exactly where I was at the moment. I do ask God to do for me SO often. So, feeling led by the Spirit, I spoke to God frequently on my trip, "Yes, Lord, inconvenience me." (not wanting a blow-out going 74 mph to be the inconvenience, I did plead that he keep my family safe in my inconveniencing).

So we returned home to a broken refrigerator. Today, I learned that my make-up kit evidently evaporated with the dead animal odor, because it is 100% GONE. Best I can figure, it got propped on some part of the car and is strewn on I-20 at this point. Hey, guess what? I am INCONVENIENCED. For the record, Donna, I did NOT pray anyone else to be inconvenienced -- or hot. And, guess what else? I failed. The Lord definitely revealed in me what isn't of Him. Sadly, I think I need more opportunities to be inconvenienced and see God in it. This time, Troy, I will ask the Lord that you not be quite so involved in the 'inconveniencing'.

But that is the beauty and majesty of my Lord. Every day, every moment is a do-over. He is not of the irritating things of this world: the rotting food, the gum on my shoe, the 'face-paint' that no longer exists. Better than that, He totally gets that I will fail -- He knows those things are important/ annoying to me. And He will give me many more opportunities to seek Him in the little things, never tapping his foot at me when I take way too long to catch on. No wonder I'm crazy about Him.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

:)

I am being inconvenienced too. And I keep remembering what your friend said. "If money can fix it, it ain't a problem."