Monday

Halloween

I don't know if it was for my job or for one of my ministries, but I went to a church-sponsored Halloween party tonight. You just don't get too many of those, you know? The college kids were the "bigs" for some "littles" that haven't been matched yet. We played some games, then went to our church's "trunk-or-treat". I have some pictures to share, but you will have to wait. . .

In answer to Jeff's comment -- yes I DO feel guilty for not posting! Especially since some of my friends feel it necessary to harass me when I don't. I just need someone I can call from time to time to tell them, "send me an email to remind myself to blog about what i just saw -- it was the funniest thing I've ever seen". Right now the only things on my mind and heart are very personal -- and not just for me. So no blogging allowed on those topics. And the only thing I can think of is that my body thinks it's after 10 p.m. -- which is WAY late for my weary brain. Especially after a day of Halloween frivolity. Yikes.

A lady that helped decorate for our party -- I think she was specifically brought in because of her specialty -- is evidently CRAZY about Halloween. I say "brought in" because she's a member of our church, but not involved in any of the ministries or organizations represented tonight (that i know of). She's just nutty, nutty, nutty about Halloween. So she brought her plastic snake, rat, and spider collection to decorate the tables that had Halloween fabric on them. She also brought her inflatable Frankenstein, spider, and jack-o-lantern. Of course, there was a cauldron and a fog machine. And all the people that know her said, "Oh, you should see her house!" What, it's not all here? There's MORE?!?! I buy a pumpkin for Halloween. Sometimes we carve it.

Troy and I decided at 4 this afternoon to actually dress up, as well. You'll just have to wait for the pictures to see what we were -- I'll give you a hint that it all came straight from our closets. I think that makes Troy the easiest to guess. I think it's the same thing he has dressed up as any time dressing up has been required since we've been married. (people in Abilene are guessing a Jr. Executive! :-) Someone at work suggested we "dress '80's" for Halloween. I have no idea how that would differ from my day-to-day wardrobe.

Did anyone see (or have) a great costume this year? I think (currently bald) Rob Marcelain with his curly mullet wig was my favorite, but I thought the lady who was Cruella that had minimum 5 kids with her all dressed as dalmatians was pretty cute (and brave).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate I missed Cruella!! I didn't even see her.

Rob, hands down, the best. Please say there's a picture that I can show Jim. Jim's costume would have looked like Troy's. I asked Tammy if she was going home with that guy. To me he looked like a 70's rock star. All he needed was a bottle of Jack Daniels to complete the look.
Denise

Tammy M. said...

That was my man in a mullet, it was great to see everyone's response to him. At one point Mark Phillips thought he was going to have to "throw down" right there because this tall long haired dude was walking in the direction of us and our children, quickly. I saw this very concerned look on his face, and then he finally realized it was Rob. Whew, no scuffling in the church parking lot. What fun!