Wednesday

How did this happen?

I thought it was a baby doll head. You know, the little bald plastic-y ones that are that non-descript beige color. Tucked under some junk under our desk, I thought I spotted the head of a baby doll. I was thinking how odd that is because we don't have any baby doll entertainers at my house anymore. When did that happen? When did the dolls, blocks, and blankies littering the floor turn into baseballs, school books, and dirty socks? What comes after this stage? Bigger sports equipment? Then packing it all up to move out? What will I do when it's only my own things I'm tripping over on the floor? Perhaps the joy of the journey is the bodies that go in the dirty socks, and the laughter, hugs, and insight they bring.

It wasn't a baby doll head. It was a baseball, left in the sun too long. Funny, when I am left in the sun too long I look NOTHING like a baby doll!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will try to remember to be grateful when Thad dumps out a card game, a bucket of blocks, and beads all in a great big pile then walks off to play with his trains. :)

I'm adding to the chaos. Tony is going camping this weekend, so I have been collecting cardboard boxes of various shapes and sizes so I can put them AND the kids in the back yard on Saturday. It is finally cool enough to do so, but we have been invaded by huge swarms of misquitos that blew in with the hurricane and decided to hatch. Maybe the boxes will be in the livingroom. . .or maybe it can wait until the misquitos go away.

R--