Sunday

Sunday Blessings

It's been a busy weekend, one that I approached with a horrible attitude because if there is one thing that is NOT lacking (nor needed) in my life, it's 'busy'. But busy came, and God sprinkled blessings all throughout it. Now I am trying to stay awake long enough to just post a quick, "Thank you, Lord, for the blessings of this weekend," here before my nap (one of the ENORMOUS blessings of the weekend!)

  • Time with people I don't ordinarily get to talk to -- people who speak godly words of encouragement and wisdom over me. "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17
  • Time with dear friends, laughing until my cheeks hurt and my eyes wept. I don't do that often enough.
  • Time with my family, having fun and enjoying their sweet faces.
  • Riley asking me a deep question about future boy/girl relationships, his thoughtful face as I answered, and his, "That's really good advice, Mom," response.
  • Air conditioning.
  • Hugs for new friends with teary eyes, prayers for hurting folks, encouragement for my precious friend struggling to find 'new normal' after the death of a spouse. Privileges and blessings all.
  • My Sunday afternoon nap.

May you find His blessings all throughout your day and weekend!

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

LOVED your list.

I have a list too. God is good. All the time.

Anonymous said...

Add to your list the blessing of having Godly, well-adjusted kids like your mom and I have.

A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss said...

Beautiful post. It's so important not to overlook everything we have to be thankful for. Thanks. Elaine