Thursday

What Will You Do?

A local "religious leader" (in quotes because he's really some sort of political/ cult-type leader) has predicted today as the end of the world. I don't want to mention him by name and send the Googlers to my blog. He was on 20/20 recently and made this proclomation. In looking for an article to link you to go read all about it yourself, I could only find his prediction for the end of the world that was to come in September of 2006, not THIS end of the world.

So, it's almost 3:30 and so far, so good. We got tickled today at swimming lessons (it was the last day and some of us were a little giddy to see some particular swimmers move along) talking about it. I mentioned that if the world did end today, I would be really sorry that I put that $100 in my gas tank and didn't go eat a good meal or buy a cute outfit so I could go out in style. Someone else mentioned they would be mad that they wasted their time walking today. I had a yummy homemade cookie later just in case he's right. If not, I'll work out a little harder tomorrow.

The glorious, grace-filled part of this is that I can't think of anything I would really make sure to DO if today was the end of the world. God has taken care of all that needs to be done. Now I can rest and eat an extra cookie, steak, or ice-cream sandwich while I wait.

5 comments:

Ruth said...

for those interested in the article: http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5008225&page=1

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. I try to live as though my bags are packed for that journey. There's no one I would feel the need to apologize to, no one I love that I haven't told, and I've had so much fun I don't have a bucket list. I would just want to sit with your mama and hold her hand.

Of course, one final Harley ride wouldn't hurt, either.

Roxanne said...

Well, if the world were to end today, we'd all be happy. And full of birthday cake and popsicles.

The thing is that God made this life so much fun, that we don't WANT to leave. :)

Paula said...

Well said! I love the thought of not having to DO anything, but trusting what Jesus said when he said, "It is finished." What a tremendous, unbelievable blessing I have in that assurance!

Gregory Anderson said...

I stapled a copy of his prediction to my credit card bill and put it in the mail yesterday.